“Clean, Modern Hotel with Great Service”
Review of Courtyard York

Courtyard York
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This Courtyard by Marriott is a very nice place to stay. The exterior and interior are very clean with a modern feel. The interior looks newer or was recently renovated and the lobby area is large with lots of space to relax. Hotel staff are very helpful and the Bistro dining area has a nice variety of menu items. We ate both breakfast and lunch at this location. The Bistro also has a bar service during evening hours. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a small refrigerator in addition to the microwave/coffee service. We were very pleased with our stay and will stay at this Courtyard again when we visit York.

Room Tip: Top level floors seem to be quieter although this a was very quiet hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McKatz

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Courtyard York is a beautful, clean and comfortable place to stay! We are planning to stay there again soon for an upcoming wedding. My only disappointment was that when we checked in we were told we could have breakfast at the Bistro up until 10 am. We had a leisurely morning, came down for breakfast at 9:30 am to find out it had just closed! Disappointing as when looking for hotels we wanted to stay somewhere where we could eat there and not have to go out for breakfast. I think the receptionist was thinking it was a weekend day when they are open until 10am. I liked it enough that we are planning to go back...
Amy B. Trumbull CT

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the moment I drove up onto this property I noticed how clean the grounds were. So I knew from the jump that the hotel would be a nice place to stay. Walking into the lobby I noticed how modern it was, it didn't look like a traditional hotel lobby where one walks in and there's a counter with the staff standing on the other side waiting. Here at this Courtyard there were kiosks were checking in seemed like I was being helped personally like one on one. Just like the Courtyard in Rockville, MD. Anyway the room was nice, clean, quite and comfortable. I really enjoyed my 4 nights there. The Bistro in the lobby wasn't quit prepared for the large groups that stayed during my stay so getting breakfast was a little bit of a hassle (long waits). The limited choices weren't that great either, oh well! The nice thing about this hotels location is that It's close enough like within walking distance to some great restaurants. I only used there business centre, so I can't comment on the pool or fitness centre. I will say I will stay here again when back in the York, PA area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

On the morning of February 6 our power had already been out for over 36 hours. A lack of heat and running water had us looking for a place to stay. Additionally, I had a very important sales call in Washington, DC that I simply could not miss. I called the Courtyard at 8:00 and spoke with the GM Angela and explained our plight. She said to give her until 10:00 but she was confident that she could have a room for us. At 9:40 she called back to say our room was ready. The staff took excellent care of us during our stay. Hats off to Angela for outstanding customer service!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a very, very clean hotel. I use wipes to wipe down all surfaces I am going to use; their was no need to use my wipes in this hotel. It was immaculate. Thank you Courtyard York. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artsy4491
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel of this class...newer property and kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming Priced just right,pool was clean and open late and the king bed was comfortable,and the view was good.wish the stay was longer!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin S
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was warmly greeted at check in...wish I got her name. Her warm smile and wanting to please attitude should be at every check in desk every place.
Rooms were nice, but thermostat gave me grief. Hard to get a constant temp in the room. Played with it off and on thru the night. Too hot...too cold...ugh.
It was a bitter cold night...decided to stay at the Bistro for dinner...it was VERY slow as one sweet girl tried to do it all. My food came out way before my Hubby's and we watched each other eat separately. His turkey BLT was very good...tacos were just fair. His beer was skunked and chips that came in the bag were way past sell date.
There are no extra amenities...I sure miss the complimentary coffee bar. Other Courtyards give a coupon for a free coffee or beverage at the Bistro but this one did not give any coupons. There is a tiny coffee pot in the room and small refrig. There is no microwave however.
Work out room is small but has nice new equipment and is fine for a sufficient work out.
A strip mall is across the street but a car is needed to get there ...especially on a cold night.
In spite of these few minor things...I would stay here again...and I do recommend. It is one of the better places to stay in York.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shersei
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Shersei,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. While I am glad to hear that you received a warm welcome, I want to offer my apologies for the experience you had at our Bistro; I am sure it must have been frustrating to not be able to fully enjoy your meal. I'd also like to apologize for the situation you encountered with the thermostat in your room. It has been unusually cold these last few weeks, and it has been tough for our heating units to keep up with these arctic temperatures. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to provide a more exceptional experience for you the next time you find yourself in the York area.