“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The York Emporium

The York Emporium
Ranked #3 of 18 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Central Pennsylvania's used book and curiosity shop with 19,000 square feet of fun stuff in downtown York, PA. More than 250,000 titles on on the shelves (90% hardcover; 10% paperback) & comics & records & antiques & militaria & stuff.
Cincinnati, Ohio
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Pulled up shopping in York on TripAdvisor and saw that this was rated #1 - truly deserves it. So nice to be in such a huge, used bookstore that was not a mildew machine. AND the music they were playing was great!! Although I found nothing on my list, I will return. The staff was so friendly, there's a very nice powder room, and the goofy items around the store just made me smile. There is also a parking lot - yeah!! Go check it out!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Penny P

Derwood, MD
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Mountains of books, magazines, DVDs, comic books, etc.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

While visiting York, Pa, we ventured into The York Emporium. We were blown away with how many books are available. It's a storehouse that I've not seen before. Lots of memorabilia, used DVDs, rare comic books, etc. If in York, this is a must stop.

Visited June 2013
Middle of the cornfields, PA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Odd and tightly-packed, but great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We went to the York Emporium on a recent trip to York. We got there about 10 minutes before it opened, but happily there was ample off-street parking. From the outside you wouldn't believe that there were so many experiences contained inside. The whole place is stuffed with used books, both hard and soft cover, records, cds, and comic books. There were also some antiques. I loved it! Hope we get to go back They are also on Facebook! Check them out!

Visited April 2013
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hip Bookshop in Downtown York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Loved wandering through the rows of bookshelves with an eclectic collection of books of all subjects. Excellent bargains to be had if you're looking for specifics. Fantastic collection of Science Fiction and some neat antiques and collectibles as well.

Visited August 2012
Quebec City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Whata great place!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was at the York Emphorium with my wife in April and was amazed to see how many different books and artifacts this place has.
Although they didn't have the book I was looking for "The World's Greatest Drummer", a Buddy Rich biography, I still found somevery interesting reading as did my wife.
This place is a "must go" and filled with some great surprises.

Visited April 2012