“Holiday Inn Express York Provided Great Stay out of the Way”

Holiday Inn Express York Southeast
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in York
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
“Holiday Inn Express York Provided Great Stay out of the Way”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We chose the Holiday Inn Express in York to best use earned hotel points. The location, about 30 minutes from Lancaster, gave us a moderate commute to our sight-seeing destinations and a chance to stay away from tourist trap prices and traffic.

Staff at the hotel accommodated our requests for an extra set of towels and a cot within minutes, and made our 3-night stay so comfortable We would return here again, without a doubt.

Complimentary breakfast each morning gave us enough to get started each day. Not restaurant quality, the selection was hot if it should be and cold if it should be. The attendant each morning hustled to keep everything stocked and in working order.

Comfortable beds, thick towels and great water flow in the shower. Check, check and check! We have some back trouble, so the bed quality is paramount to our return.

The indoor pool did its job in having warm water and space to swim. Plenty of towels sat on poolside shelves for guest use.

Plenty of parking all around the building, and nearby restaurants will have guests traveling only a few miles for other meals.

Definitely a repeat for us when we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Amy M
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you ! and we assure you of the same great service everytime you are here with us..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is my 2nd time staying at this hotel. The reason I returned despite my 3 rating last year was that it was the only reasonably priced place to stay in York the time I was there.
Things have improved slightly since my last visit and thus I increased my rating from 3 to 4 for this stay.

The downside is that in the first room I was given, the door would not latch. As in would not stay closed. The deadbolt did not work and there was no chain or security lock installed either.....as in there wasn't even holes where it used to be. In other words, IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED from the beginning (another sign of how rushed construction was on this place).
I quickly went back downstairs and asked for a different room which they gave me without issue.
The 2nd room was nice and clean with no problems.
Breakfast was exactly the same as last year, so I skipped it and went out to one of the local diners.
Overall the stay was slightly better than last year and the staff was much friendlier.
I like that this hotel is off the beaten path a bit. There is no interstate noise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank merkurxr4i
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you for revisiting our property and were happy to hear that it was better than your previous stay .

Just to update you , the management has changed and are striving to make the change to a better place to come back to.

Sorry to hear about your breakfast - we will look into the same and try to work on making it more appetizing .

Hillsboro, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

First impression - WOW!! Check in was in and staff were very pleasant. Lobby and breakfast area were set up nicely (loved how the breakfast buffet was set up and not jammed into a corner like other hotels - which helped the flow of guests getting their breakfast.) Our room was huge, clean and nicely furnished. Bathroom was huge also! Beds were comfortable. They even have firm and soft pillows on the bed. Ashley (front desk staff) was very helpful...even going out of her way to track us down at the pool when our pizza was delivered and we were not in our room (much appreciated!) We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Space726
JHoliday47, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Space726,
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back soon!!
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Good staff, clean facilities, comfortable bed, well maintained pool, VERY nice room for the price paid. Stayed here for the Gettysburg 150th anniversary. Was less than an hour's drive in heavy traffic on primarily a 2-lane road into town. The breakfast was good too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob H
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the Gettsyburg reenactment. The 800 number was misleading when it told us this was close to Gettysburg (50 minutes each way), but the hotel itself is very nice. Modern junior suites, a very warm greeting at check-in, and a clean and well appointed room. The breakfast is surprisingly good and staff went out of their way to accommodate requests. Felt very well cared for.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sbstee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Wife and I spent one night and were pleased. Large clean room with everything you need for the night. Check in was quick and easy. The internet was the slowest I have used in along time, as slow as dial up. It is a little drive for something to eat, not much close. We would come back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Adak C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Went to go for business, I'm a female who travels alone. I recently had identity stolen so I paid cash for the room b/c all of my cards are blocked right now. They insisted running my card for incidentals...when I told them it would not go through b/c of my investigation with Life Lock. I finally get my room key, but was left standing there waiting, while the woman waited on another customer. Finally they said, "your in ROOM # ___!" Now, every hotel is always very careful not to give room numbers out, especially loudly in a lobby when your a female, traveling alone.
When I got in my room, I was mortified. I checked the bed and there were pubic hairs in the sheets/blood stain on the comforter. The toilet was dirty in the bowl(poop). I went downstairs and they gave me a new room. However, it was still not the classic clean that you get with most chain motels. It was more of a substandard "motel" clean . This is a new hotel and it needs a HEAVY cleaning and a regular cleaning staff that is experienced. I do think the family lives in the hotel and they also clean it. If I was with my kids I would have left. No fruit on the breakfast bar a well, but good coffee. I feel like its not like other Holiday Inns, but maybe this is York? I've never stayed in York before so I cant compare. I def will not stay again. Amazingly, when I got my new room key...again they said loudly ""your in ROOM # ___!" There was a full lobby of men for this convention. I thought, wow. Great attention to detail. The young son was very helpful and seemed to really care. But it wasn't a good experience at all.

Room Tip: bring antibacterial wipes. That's what I bought down the street at rite aid.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear raymond r,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. I sincerely apologize for the conditions of the room you received as well as for the unsatisfactory customer service at the front office. We treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests. Please be confident that your comments will be shared with the hotel management.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P