“Hotel needs updating”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in York
Fairfax, Virginia
“Hotel needs updating”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is one of the worst Holiday Inn Express hotels I've stayed in. The bathroom and floors were dirty, the matress was terrible and the furniture was worn. You had to initial about a dozen things before getting the room key, like you were a criminal. For this hotel to be so new, it sure appears worn out. The breakfast food was nice and warm. The front desk clerks were friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank drivingmylifeaway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for the room condition fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We checked in at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night and left by 10 the next morning so were weren't here long. Check in was easy - granted we were the only ones in line. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and there was a fridge in the room.
We didn't have breakfast - went to Maple doughnuts for that, but did stop to grab a cup of coffee in the breakfast area. All in all a good - but quick - stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank QueenCtyChick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear QueenCtyChick,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We value your opinions of how we hosted your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive remarks on the service you received during check in and room accommodations. Our goal is to make your stay the best it can be and it looks like we accomplished our goal. We look forward to making your next stay even more memorable.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Spent two nights in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. There were excellent breakfast choices! So nice to see such a variety of food items and some healthy choices!! My room was very spacious and comfortable. This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I would definitely choose this place to stay if I were ever back in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pstcrdldy
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was a pretty nice place to stay. The was a bit small for the price but was clean and the bed was comfortable. It seemed a bit cheap when, as an IHG member, I received a bottle of water and a bag of cheetos. Not impressed. The hotel was off the highway so it was quiet. Breakfast was pretty good. Omelet, sausage, toast, cereal, pancakes. Pretty much something for everyone. Although I didn't use it, there was an indoor pool. A good amenity if you are traveling with family in the cold season. I would recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Given the location of the hotel any room will provide a quiet evening.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ppierce_57
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was here with Newberry College Field Hockey. The weather was nice. There were many choices of food. It is surrounded by Amish country. At the end of the day you come home to the 21st century. Best of both.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had to attend my 40th High School reunion. Since I no longer live in this town, needed to find a nice place close to the venue that accepts pets. I hit pay dirt when I came across this gem. What a view from the third floor facing the pond! This one-night stay with my boyfriend and dog totally rejuvenated me. The King Suite was a little smaller than I expected and I was disappointed to not get the whirlpool I requested, but overall, it was a great room, spotlessly clean and with the most comfortable bed. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and so was the area you ate it. There is also an indoor pool! The elevator was somewhat slow, but who cares? Definitely going back even if just to get away on a road trip again. Excellent A++.

Room Tip: For a perfect view, ask for Room 325, or any room on that side that faces the pond. You'll love...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra R
JHoliday47, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Sandra R,
Thank you for your review! We are so delighted you chose our hotel while you attended your 40th year high school reunion! We strive to ensure the best for our guests, and hope we can give you the comfort of your own home! Thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lido Beach NY
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First, the HI website calls this location Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites York NE, but anyway...this hotels works perfectly if you need this location. Newer, clean, with cute little pool and very small but somewhat useable gym. Front desk was honest about equipment not working, but I appreciated that. Had a room someone smoked in & they moved me immediately. Very spacious with good size fridge in room. Was very surprised at how comfortable and like the Marriott Courtyard this felt. Breakfast is very basic but if you're a lite eater it works. Close to very good thai restaurant, but most eateries a 10-ish minute drive. Not close to downtown.

Room Tip: Any room is good, I have stayed on each floor on both sides.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank laphincow
JHoliday47, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear laphincow,
Thank you for your review! Were sorry for the inconveniences you had while staying at our hotel. We do apologize for the fitness room equipment being down during your stay. We are very thrilled to hear you did however have a great stay in all. We try to provide the best comfort for your stay. We hope to see you again soon!