“Clean and great location”

Holiday Inn Express York Southeast
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in York
Fishkill, New York
“Clean and great location”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night with our 2 young boys. The room was very clean. The beds were super comfortable. There was a nice size Flat screen TV. My only negative about the room was the hair dryer . I went to use it and it shorted out and smelt like burnt, so I had to air dry my hair. We used the pool and it was nice too. Only make sure you bring a towel from your room as there were none by the pool. The free breakfast was good. They have cinnamon rolls, bagels, muffins, cereals, oat meal, eggs, sausage, a pancake maker , juices, coffee, tea and some fruit. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your views with us and we hope you have the same and better experience on your next stay with us .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family recently had occasion to spend several nights at this motel, which was chosen for its location and because previous experiences at other Holiday Inn Express motels had been satisfactory. Bearing in mind that this is not a high-end chain so that certain criteria do not apply, this motel, with the caveat noted under room tips, met our expectations. Most importantly, the beds were extremely comfortable, thus affording us untroubled, restlessness-free sleep, and the rooms were immaculate. The reasonable price includes a relatively generous breakfast, served from 6:30-10:00 a.m., as well as a hot tub and pool. For those desirous of snacks, there is a room off the lobby where snacks and cold, non-alcoholic (this is PA!) drinks can be purchased. The front-desk staff were helpful if, so it seemed, somewhat inexperienced. The motel, for our purposes, was conveniently located, though how regrettable that the Roadhouse restaurant just across old route 30 (now rt. 462), justly famous for its steamed (not boiled!) shrimp and crab cakes, was closed for renovations! All in all, the members of our party were quite satisfied with this motel.

Room Tip: And now the caveat-- Because even-numbered rooms in the 220 range on the second floor are located...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Baf426
I would like to thank you for sharing your view with us and makes us happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. we are also continuing to try to make sure that some guest be considerate of other guest in the hotel but are not always sucessful . On your next stay please let us know and we will try and make yoir stay more pleasant .
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My father and I booked two nights at this hotel for winter break vacation. When we had arrived, I was very surprised by the look of the lobby, and how it was very metropolitan. When I had seen the look of my room, I was very disappointed. It looked like as if Windows 8 was splattered everywhere. And the view was very poor. So, the front desk clerk moved us to a different room, which of course, was exactly the same, except not as small. I had noticed that the chair was abused, so we received a new one.

I had slept okay through the night. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.

The breakfast was decent. Some items weren't available.

We had canceled the other night that we were to stay, as we had booked a night at a different hotel. I had explained to the front desk clerk my disliking for metropolitan atmospheres, but that they had tried their best to accommodate us.

Overall, I would give this hotel three stars. Not because of the staff. Again, the staff tried their best to accommodate us, but because of the metropolitan atmosphere, Mediocre night's rest, small commode which I did not mention, and because of the size of the closet. Would I stay here again in the future? Probably not. However, I would return for a different purpose. I believe that giving a Holiday Inn Express a metropolitan makeover is not the best idea. If you do not like metropolitan atmospheres, I would advise that you do not stay here.

Room Tip: If the breakfast bar does not have all of the items available, eat at a different place. Be aware of...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron B
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at my hotel and apologise for the view and the window splatters - we have had a extremely rough weater in our state along with a lot of other states which is one oif the reasons , but we are getting the situation resolved .

we hope you would not let that mar your visit and you would stay with us the next time
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are great. clean, quite, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and free beer from 6:30 until 8 pm. Can't beat that. You can even get breakfast starting at 6:30 am. This is a hotel worth visiting again

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank brodgers13
It was great that you were able to relax in our hotel and we will make sure that we provide you and all our guest with the same service each time .
Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had to spend Christmas at a local hotel for a week while we searched for a new apartment. I must say this was one of the most relaxful Christmas times I have had for years. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with any need that arose during our stay. Our room was kept clean. I could not have asked for anything more. I strongly advise anyone needing to stay at a hotel in York, PA to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Southern York County. You will not regret it at all. Debra

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra S
Whitingham, Vermont
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

It was just as you would expect, clean, friendly, nice rooms. Breakfast was god, but same as always. We loved it because we were able to bring our dogs! Pet friendly wins in our book every time. We will be back. Oh, and the fresh cookies are a nice touch.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane M
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is one of the worst Holiday Inn Express hotels I've stayed in. The bathroom and floors were dirty, the matress was terrible and the furniture was worn. You had to initial about a dozen things before getting the room key, like you were a criminal. For this hotel to be so new, it sure appears worn out. The breakfast food was nice and warm. The front desk clerks were friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank drivingmylifeaway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for the room condition fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M