“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Express York Southeast
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in York
“Great stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Good location and clean. Breakfast was average. Great friendly staff. Only con was lighting in room is not good, especially in bathroom above sink. Price was right would stay again when visiting that area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed one night along with our daughter to be closer to York College for graduation the next day. Had a very comfortable suite with a king bed and pull out sofa. We needed an extra pillow and sheet for the sofabed and the staff had it to our room within 10 minutes. Breakfast was included and we were satified with the selection offered. Also the room rate was very reasonable for the suite at $117.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
South Africa
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We found nothing about this hotel that we didn't like. Period. For starters, the staff was friendly and helpful. It also appears to be a relatively new hotel, with modern decor. The room was spotless, and the bed super-comfortable! I also appreciate the continuous fan mode on the AC unit - I'm one of those people who need "white noise" at night.
I also appreciate a decent breakfast. This was great, with the normal HIE choices.
All-in-all, a great choice for a good night of rest!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PANeddie
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Holiday Inn Express is one of our favorite chains but this experience was disappointing. Upon check-in we had to change rooms because of some cleanliness issues with the bathroom. Leah at the front-desk promptly assigned another room but didn't express any contrition. Next we went to the pool. There were only two towels left, which was fine for our needs but too bad for whoever came next. Breakfast was poorly stocked; had to ask for 2% milk as there was only skim & chocolate milk in the fridge. Only one cinnamon-bun left in the tray.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CBM_20
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views with us and am sorry to hear about the incovenience you had during your stay - we have noted all of them and are trying to make sure the other guest and yourself on your next trip have better reviews for us.
Fishkill, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night with our 2 young boys. The room was very clean. The beds were super comfortable. There was a nice size Flat screen TV. My only negative about the room was the hair dryer . I went to use it and it shorted out and smelt like burnt, so I had to air dry my hair. We used the pool and it was nice too. Only make sure you bring a towel from your room as there were none by the pool. The free breakfast was good. They have cinnamon rolls, bagels, muffins, cereals, oat meal, eggs, sausage, a pancake maker , juices, coffee, tea and some fruit. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for sharing your views with us and we hope you have the same and better experience on your next stay with us .
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family recently had occasion to spend several nights at this motel, which was chosen for its location and because previous experiences at other Holiday Inn Express motels had been satisfactory. Bearing in mind that this is not a high-end chain so that certain criteria do not apply, this motel, with the caveat noted under room tips, met our expectations. Most importantly, the beds were extremely comfortable, thus affording us untroubled, restlessness-free sleep, and the rooms were immaculate. The reasonable price includes a relatively generous breakfast, served from 6:30-10:00 a.m., as well as a hot tub and pool. For those desirous of snacks, there is a room off the lobby where snacks and cold, non-alcoholic (this is PA!) drinks can be purchased. The front-desk staff were helpful if, so it seemed, somewhat inexperienced. The motel, for our purposes, was conveniently located, though how regrettable that the Roadhouse restaurant just across old route 30 (now rt. 462), justly famous for its steamed (not boiled!) shrimp and crab cakes, was closed for renovations! All in all, the members of our party were quite satisfied with this motel.

Room Tip: And now the caveat-- Because even-numbered rooms in the 220 range on the second floor are located...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Baf426
I would like to thank you for sharing your view with us and makes us happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. we are also continuing to try to make sure that some guest be considerate of other guest in the hotel but are not always sucessful . On your next stay please let us know and we will try and make yoir stay more pleasant .
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My father and I booked two nights at this hotel for winter break vacation. When we had arrived, I was very surprised by the look of the lobby, and how it was very metropolitan. When I had seen the look of my room, I was very disappointed. It looked like as if Windows 8 was splattered everywhere. And the view was very poor. So, the front desk clerk moved us to a different room, which of course, was exactly the same, except not as small. I had noticed that the chair was abused, so we received a new one.

I had slept okay through the night. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.

The breakfast was decent. Some items weren't available.

We had canceled the other night that we were to stay, as we had booked a night at a different hotel. I had explained to the front desk clerk my disliking for metropolitan atmospheres, but that they had tried their best to accommodate us.

Overall, I would give this hotel three stars. Not because of the staff. Again, the staff tried their best to accommodate us, but because of the metropolitan atmosphere, Mediocre night's rest, small commode which I did not mention, and because of the size of the closet. Would I stay here again in the future? Probably not. However, I would return for a different purpose. I believe that giving a Holiday Inn Express a metropolitan makeover is not the best idea. If you do not like metropolitan atmospheres, I would advise that you do not stay here.

Room Tip: If the breakfast bar does not have all of the items available, eat at a different place. Be aware of...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron B
Divya K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express York Southeast, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at my hotel and apologise for the view and the window splatters - we have had a extremely rough weater in our state along with a lot of other states which is one oif the reasons , but we are getting the situation resolved .

we hope you would not let that mar your visit and you would stay with us the next time