“Great Experience”

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in York
York, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Everything with this hotel from the checking in to the fresh made cookies to the clean rooms and the checking out was exceptional. Couldn't have been more pleased. Did not experience the breakfast, the pool or the workout area but I did walk through the areas and I was impressed with everything I saw. I would highly recommend this facility if you're in the area and in need of a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed one night in July. The desk clerk who checked us in (unfortunately I didn't get her name) was so friendly and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable, but a few cosmetic updates might be needed soon. The breakfast was substantial - eggs (scrambled, not really an omelet), bacon, potatoes, as well as cereal and breads, juices, coffee and tea. More than we expected! And yes, the cookie jar on the front desk was always stocked with tasty chocolate chips. The cookies and the pool were a big hit with our 12 year old. Ruby Tuesday was a short walk through the parking lot. Other shops were nearby as well, within walking distance. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in York.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bronx, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great hotel if you want to stay away from the crowds. May be a problem if you want to stay closer to Lancaster attractions. Not sure why this hotel comes up when you type in "Lancaster, PA". It is a great place if you just want to get away from it all.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Elmer, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First time stay but not the last! Great location just off Rt 83 yet very quiet area. Next to Ruby Tuesday Restaurant. Giant Supermarket located nearby. Greeted by Lisa at check-in. Big genuine smile that made you feel very welcomed. Of course the fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies at the Front Desk helped too! Our room was very clean and comfortable. We found the King-size bed to be firm to our liking. As this was a last minute stay we brought no toiletries. The hotel offers toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, razor, deodorant and other such items for FREE. Nothing fancy but when you have nothing and you are very tired it was great to get these much-needed items without having to go shopping. But the best feature I found was the sumptuous breakfast selections. From make your own Egg McMuffin, to make your own waffles, to oatmeal, fresh fruit, cold cereal selection, coffee/tea and several juices to choose from I was quite happy. And all this with REAL silverware and china. Did I mention LARGE glasses for your juice too. I left quite content and with a wrapped Raspberry Danish and Chocolate Muffin for a treat later on of course. Thank you CIS for 'keeping it real"...and not styrofoam plastically!

Selbyville, Delaware
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Recommend this place to everyone. The staff was very sweet and very accommodating. The hotel itself was nice, not the most modern hotel we've stayed at, but very clean and nice. We would stay here again in a heart beat because of the staff.
Location was easy to get to and was close to many attractions.

Room Tip: Room 217 has a king bed and a hot tub in the room
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just wanted to do something different for the weekend so we decided to go to York. Had a wonderful time in the pool and hot tub. The breakfast area was very nice and clean. Staff was very friendly. Made me feel like I was home. Will be going back. Thanks to everyone there who put us number 1.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There's a lot of positive attributes to this hotel. I've stayed in several CIS hotels and I would certainly stay here again. Here's why:

Pros:
1. Location - close to the highway, restaurants of all types, gas, groceries, etc.
2. Staff - Helpful, friendly, what a hotel staff should be
3. Quiet, peaceful (even with a baby shower going on at that time)
4. Club Carlson membership - upgraded to an overly spacious and quiet suite

Cons:
1. There wasn't anything that I'd consider a "con"

Unique Experience:
I forgot my cell phone charging cable in the room and called the hotel to see if they could send it to me and charge my credit card for the shipping. The staff member took immediate care of the situation and had it sent back to me. I very much appreciated that effort.

Room Tip: With my Club Carlson membership I was upgraded to room 312, top floor, facing the highway. This sui...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo