Four Points by Sheraton York
Wingate by Wyndham York(York)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$92
Comfort Inn & Suites - York(York)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$62
Hotels.com
US$215
US$142
All reviewsfree breakfastround the clockbit datedfollowing morningharley davidson factorynice sizeone night stayspgharrisburgdinerrenovationroutecollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We spent a weekend in York visiting family, and by the look of online pictures, and the desire to generate some SPG points, we chose this property. Walking into the lobby, you sense a clean hotel, with updated finishes...a very nice look. Unfortunately, it looks like their renovation budget was only spent on the lobby and not on the rooms/hallways/decor or anything else.

The rooms remind me of a scene from Three's Company...dark brown wood, bed linens from the mid-80's and wi-fi that does not work. Upon getting into our room, I felt the need to check for bed bugs due to how dank this place looked. My wife, who is always accepting of small faults, actually asked if we could move hotels immediately. Looking for bed bugs fortunately did not reveal any, but our bed sheets had long black hair all over them. GROSS!!! Obviously they do not change the sheets between guests here, which made me cringe. I tried to call down to the front desk, but our room phone did not work. Maybe it was due to it being manufacturered in 1982.

Bottom line...you are better buying a tent and sleeping on the side of the highway vs. staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank toomuchtimeintheair
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Brendanmclarke,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in York. We're sorry we did not exceed your expectations this time around. We definitely service the rooms in between guests. However, this does not excuse what you experienced when you walked into your room. We have forwarded your comments and experience to our housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for alerting us and we hope this experience does not deter you from returning the next time you are in the York area.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

First of all let me say we are SPG members & had high hopes for this establishment. It was our 39th Wedding Anniversary so instead of staying at the Best Western where my husband stays when he's working we decided to check the hotel out. The grounds are very nice. They have a nice indoor jacuzzi & large pool that was clean & refreshing. Note of caution, don't walk outside to the loungers to soak up the sun, you can't get back in even if you use your key. The bathroom is also nice & was clean. The carpeting, furniture, and pillows need replaced. The chair and throw pillow in our room was so dirty I stopped at the desk & showed them the picture I took of it. They were embarrassed & had another one put in our room. That was nice but made a very bad impression on us as we were expecting quality for the price( twice as much as BW). We got locked out again trying to get in another door. Found out the keys don't work if its humid. The staff were friendly & helpful. We will not be staying here again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dab1954
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Dab1954,
Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback regarding your recent stay. We're sorry to hear your stay with us during your anniversary was not fully up to your expectations. We're sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with your key card and will have our team take a look at those issues. However, we're glad you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and hot tub and experienced great customer service from the team we've employed her. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you try us out again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Friendly staff, clean room, decent food. Stayed for a week on business and everything was smooth sailing. Service was friendly and knowledgable and the location is great in terms of restaurants and other shopping locations. It's nice to have a stay and receive the hospitality that you feel you deserve as a customer. The indoor pool and hot tub was a nice added bonus for the few rainy York days I experienced. The breakfast buffet offered many choices both hot and cold, and was surprisingly good. They offered as well, a full breakfast menu. My room/bathroom were clean and the temperature controls operated very nicely. All in all, a very warm stay and I would definitely do it again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael D

Dear Michael D,
Thank you for the positive post! We're so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the convenient location, indoor pool and hot tub, and restaurant food offerings. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

The staff here were very nice despite dealing with a full house of lacrosse players and families. The parking was very convenient to the front door, and they have an indoor pool as well. What's nice is this is right on the 30, super convenient food nearby, and they also have a little snack/beverage stock for purchase as well.

The lady bartender is very nice and knowledgeable of the area as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sarah C
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Sarah C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online about our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed our convenient location, the team we have employed here, and took advantage of some of our amenities on-site. We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My room was spacious and well-furnished. The A/C worked as it should, although a couple of people in our group mentioned that they had minor problems adjusting the thermostat downwards. My bed wasn't very comfortable as it felt as if I was sleeping on a pallet; another in our group thought her bed was too soft, so it was a bit like Goldilocks in that regard. Sheraton has gone on a 'green' initiative, which is fine to a point. In my case it went a bit far: the shower had built in dispensers for gel, shampoo and conditioner in lieu of toiletries - unfortunately, the gel and shampoo dispensers were empty and there's only so much one can do with conditioner. I mentioned it to the front desk and they admitted that they were still getting used to the program. (As an aside, when I stayed a another Sheraton a month or so ago I opted not to go green and they still didn't make up my room; I suppose we can call it a work in progress, but I have this nagging suspicion that it is primarily a means of reducing overheads by making people feel guilty about asking for what has been normal service for decades.)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Oberst06
Karen M, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Oberst06,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Four Points. As you mentioned, we have implemented some green initiatives at the Four Points - we're sorry that your shampoo and shower gel dispensers were empty and something I have alerted to our housekeeping team so this does not happen again. We also, separately, offer a Make a Green Choice program where guests can forgo housekeeping and earn either 250 Starpoints or a $5 food/beverage credit to their bill. Guests can opt into this program at the time of booking a reservation or by hanging up the door signage. If guests opt into this program, we do not service the room. Thanks again and we apologize for the confusion and inconvenience our initiatives have caused. We hope you do consider us again when staying in the area.