“Not the best of the category”

Four Points by Sheraton York
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are incredibly friendly and professional. Room layout is good and desk space for business travelers is more than adequate.

Access to power outlets is ridiculously inadequate--so much so that I wouldn't consider staying here again. The are no outlets whatsoever by the bed so good luck if you need to both charge your cell phone and use it as an alarm clock. There are no easily accessible outlets at the desk either, but if you're okay with getting in the floor and reaching behind furniture then you might find an outlet.

On-site laundry is an unjustifiable $6 per load to wash.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear JP O,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the level of guest service we are able to provide, but regret to hear you did not find our room layout to meet your needs. We will address this with our team and search for a solution.

We appreciate your feedback. Take care.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton York

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here for one night over Easter break, we had two interconnecting suites, we were a family of ten. Lady on reception was very welcoming. We used the leisure facilities which were adequate and clean. We ate dinner in the 24 hours diner just up the road, walking distance, it was your typical diner, with nice food and welcoming staff. We had breakfast in the hotel the following morning which was more than adequate, the breakfast hostess was very friendly and a credit to the hotel. Would recommend hotel for somewhere nice and clean to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear tipp21,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and found our location and breakfast to be ideal. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

When we checked in they asked for a credit card. The room was already paid for before we got there. We were told that nothing would be charged to the card it was just for incidentals. We didn't order anything from the room, didn't order any movies, yet when i got home and checked my bank account I found they had deducted $50 from my account. When we called and asked why they said it was for just in case it would be reimbursed in 2 or 3 business days. I still haven't got it and the manager won't return my call. WON'T STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judy P
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Judy P,

Thank you for your review. We apologize if this was not clear during check-in. It is a customary practice for all hotels to pre-authorize for incidental charges. For credit cards, this is usually released shortly after check-out, assuming the guest had no charges. For debit cards, the charge will go through initially, but will reverse a few days later. Some banks may take longer to reverse the charge. Our records indicated you used a debit card so that is why you saw those charges went through to your account initially, it should have reversed by now. Should you still have any issues with this incident, please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I'm not sure what the 4 Points brand is supposed to represent. You know what Holiday Inn Express means, right? ANyway I got a discount on a room for the night while staying in the area. This was certainly not built as any Sheraton, so it kinda looks like something rehabed. The renovations in the room seemed a bit sloppy for a region that prides itself on craftsmanship. There are updates slapped over the outdated. Room was spacey and comfortable as were the beds. Faucet is a weird design, turn past cold peak flow to get hot water ??. I hate the shower head, without volume flow control it feels like a firehose - and your hair will look like it. Difficult to get into the parking lot, especially a night when dark. as signage and lighting is poor. Parking is terrible although there's plenty, you just are away from most entrances. I pre-requested a quiet location and was put in a connecting room, and we heard the tv next door.. I didnt take in anything else during the stay at the property.. If you have a coupon use it. Otherwise you're overpaying at rack rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HikingTom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it was the preferred hotel for the alpaca show. They made no accommodation to get us coffee or breakfast prior to 7 am even though we asked repeatedly. There was no maid service at all on Saturday, no fresh towels, beds made or trash emptied. In the evening, we had to wait at the front desk for 20 minutes to obtain clean towels. There was some excuse about all of the alpaca people being Starwood members, so they did not provide maid service? I thought loyalty programs are there to provide more services to members, not less. The walls are thin and I could hear the TV from next door too. There are at least 6 other motels at this intersection and I will definitely try another one next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ghhelp1
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear ghhelp1,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. To clarify your comment regarding housekeeping, we have a program called “Make a Green Choice,” where guests can choose to decline housekeeping services to help conserve water, energy, and other resources for the environment. In addition, guests will receive additional Starpoints or a food & beverage credit. Our records indicated several members of your group opted into this program, thus these requests were honored by our housekeeping staff. We apologize if this information was not clear, and will review how this is communicated to our future guests.

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed the Alpaca show.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This property is desperately tired and in need of help. Peeling wallpaper, dingy paint, stained carpets, lumpy beds, and battered furniture were all in evidence. That was on the Starwood preferred guest floor.

The gym was musty and dirty too.

Had I arrived earlier than 11:30pm, I would have changed hotels. Sheraton should strongly reconsider its association with this property

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear PMFRVA,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you did not find our amenities to be ideal. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Rest assured your comments will be reviewed by our team as we continually look for ways to enhance our hotel.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in York. Take care.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This Four Points is located just off of I-30 near downtown York, PA. There are several small chain restaurants and stores nearby, some within a long walking distance. I was pleasantly greeted, however my check-in had one issue in that when I arrived in my room, I found the TV not to be working properly. I was quickly moved to another room right next door. The room itself was very clean and the king size bed was comfortable. One of the things I didn't like was that the soap and shampoo were in liquid dispensers mounted on the wall of the shower. I realize this is an effort to conserve and save money, but my personal preference is to have a bar of soap in the shower. I had the breakfast buffet downstairs, however I found it to be a bit below average compared to similar class hotels. I was also disappointed that while my Expedia rate stated a free breakfast was included, I had to pay for my breakfast. I asked about this at the front desk and they told me they do not honor free breakfast rates from third party sites like Expedia. In all, this isn't a bad hotel and I might stay here again, but only after seeing what else is around there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear embraer,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased that you had a pleasant stay but regret to hear that there was confusion over our breakfast offerings. To clarify, free breakfast is offered on the weekends only. This is stated on Expedia, but details regarding it only show once you click on the offer. We will work with Expedia to help make this more transparent. We appreciate your feedback.