“Beautiful Theatre”

Appell Center for the Performing Arts
Ranked #6 of 50 things to do in York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently saw Penn and Teller with our family. We had a wonderful evening. The theatre gets a lot of great performers to come to the area. The theatre is also surrounded by a lot of wonderful restaurants that you can go to before the show. The theatre is beautiful with really no bad seats in the house. It's a real gem in the city!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Love the Strand and love John legend!

Thank you Strand for nailing him for us! I am in your debt !
Amazing night!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went to see the band Chicago and booked an accessible seat because I'm a big guy with bad knees. The chair's arm rest were too confining so I asked an usser and she got on her ear piece and they brought me a no arm chair in minutes that made my experience wonderful. I'll come back. The offer a no questions asked refund on your ticket by the way

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a good place to see performances or shows of any kind. Prices are not bad & seats are good. Everything we ever saw was first rate.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The theatre will take you back to a better time. Classical style and a spirit of pride reflected from the box office at the front doors to the brass door fixtures that open into the grand auditorium. Volunteer staff in blazers are friendly, helpful, and seem to be a bit overdone, but who wouldn't want to work in a grand old classic like the Strand. Well done. The performance was outstanding, and the group can be found online under Bowfire.