“Delicious food in a casual atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

6 family members went to the Road House for a Saturday evening dinner. After calling prior to our arrival, we arrived to find our reserved table ready and waiting for us.
Our server,Danika, greeted us and started taking orders for our beverages. She was friendly , efficient and quite knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Our meals arrived in a reasonable time and each entree was very tasty. Danika checked on us frequently and brought our check in a timely manner.

• Visited October 2011

York, Pennsylvania
“never going there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Worst dining experience in my life. I heard through a friend that this restaurant was affiliated with ROOSEVELT TAVERN which i Love, so i decided to give it a try. The waitress was slow, we got our crab soup which was descent but my boyfriend found a hair in his soup =(. Then they brought his food which he had crab legs and he said they were ok but I waited almost 45 minutes for a chicken ceaser salad. We ended up taking the rest of our food to go. Oh and they charged my boyfriend for the soup that there was a hair in they just gave him another soup. Overall WE WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!

• Visited August 2011
Las Vegas
“pretty sad when the food is bad and the staff knows it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I have eaten at the Road House several times and the food has always been about a "three"however the last time the food was way over cooked...........burnt. I mentioned it to the waitress and she said that the item we had selected was being over cooked all day because of the oven. No sorry, just it was no ones fault but the oven. I will not go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brucedog
York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

My family and I were there several days ago for lunch and the food was terrible. I ordered the 3 oz crab cake sandwich, which was very mushy, had lots of filler and was salty. They put a side of chips on the plate which were stale. My one daughter ordered the Caesar Salad which was a joke for $4.75. Served on a small dinner plate, there was one layer of Romaine, 5 croutons and a very small amount of shredded parm, with creamy italian dressing which was supposed to be caesar. ( I think that is their version of caesar)
My other daughter ordered a cup of cream of crab soup and was very disappointed. Everyone raves over their cream of crab and she had to put 2 packs of crackers in to give it flavor and volume.
My aunt ordered a crab cake sandwich also which was just on a plate no roll and she ordered a side of fries...she counted them and there were 10 small fries on her plate which were cold and she had to pay extra for them. (6.75 for the crab cake and fries were 2.75)
My sister and niece ordered the shrimp basket and they said the portions were skimpy for the price and her fries were cold as well. We also ordered onion rings as a side, and they were so dry and overdone, there was no onion to be found. It was all coating...terrible!
The service was satisfactory, but we won't be going back there EVER.
The food has much to be desired for the price. I would rather go to a chain, where at least you get good size portions for your money.
Roosevelt Tavern and their cream of crab soup runs circles around this place...Don't waste your time or money. The atmosphere has alot to be desired as well.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
York, PA
“not child friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

My girlfriends and I decided to go to the Roadhouse for our monthly night out and we wanted to go somewhere that wasn't a chain. We were a bit disappointed in portion sizes and the plating of their entrees left a lot to be desired. My one friend got the single crabcake and that is all that was on the plate. They put her side of pasta in another dish so it looked as though she got hardly anything for her dinner. She also had her 2 year old daughter with her, and we were all in disbelief when we got the bill and were charged 2.00 for a 10 oz. cup of milk. The only drinks included with the kids meals are soda and in this society do we really need to promote soda in 2 year olds? And the adult sodas were cheaper than the child milk. We asked to speak to the manager but they were not there so she spoke to the owner instead. She patronized us by saying that the cost of milk is more than the cost of soda and was shocked to hear that other restaurants offer milk or juice as a drink for free when you buy a kids meal. So we were very disappointed and I know I won't be returning to the Roadhouse. The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired; old-fashioned and an old-fashioned menu as well.