“Exquisite, A wonderful time!”
Review of The Accomac

The Accomac
Ranked #23 of 460 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was planning on going to a little place for Thanksgiving dinner near my home, with my youngest son home for a quick visit he looked at where I had chosen and said, "Aah, NO!" After searching around the web on the old iPad he stated he found the perfect place. The Accomac Inn, brother he was not kidding!

The drive was about 1 hour from home and traffic on T-day was no issue. Once off US Route 30 the road is a twisty old two lane that quickly turns into a cool short trip all of its own. At one point one finds the signs pointing this way to the Accomac. After a final right turn, it is down a steep, twisty small road with small jutting rock cliffs towards the river. Hard to believe your still in south central PA.

Parking is on the left of the still smaller road, there are houses nearby and my son commented this seems like a private driveway. The old stone inn is beautiful. There just is something about a big river and an old stone house/inn.

One walks up the stairs, just a few, a ramp for those physically challenged or using a wheel chair is available as well and onto the long screened in porch. I definitely plan to visit during the summer. Entering the Inn you are greeted by the host/hostess and immediately you feel welcome. We Arrived 45 minutes early and went to the small bar off the left of the foyer.

We were greeted by Heath at a small, what I can only assume is Oak and Mahogany bar, Gorgeous. Heath is very talented at his craft and knows his mixology, more importantly absolutely a gentleman and smiling! Wow, I forgot what it was like to have wait staff smile.

About thirty minutes and a few adult beverages later with our stomaches growling, the again SMILING friendly hostess advised us our table was ready and escorted us to the second floor over the porch and a great view of the Susquehanna.

The restaurant at this point was busy but the service was perfect. After adjusting to our table a young man provided water and took out drink order. Shortly later our waitress Chaplin chimed in, another cheery smile and warmth. She answered all of our question, knew the menu inside and out and the menu was quite extensive, not the regular menu but the Thanksgiving Day menu. We chose a small sampler plate called the Terrine of Game, duck, pheasant, rabbit as well as pork belly and scallops. Main course, Mark had the Stuffed Flounder with crap meat and it was superb. I had the Lamb with small sweet potatoes and tiny brussell sprouts, Incredible, and I do not like sprouts. Dessert was apple cider/pie ice cream and a small pecan tart with ice cream with espresso.

Anyway, we had a great time and definitely were thankful for the great food but I think the expressions and what appears to be geniune concern to make your visit perfect is what I was most thankful for. Yes, I dropped 215.00 bucks for two hungry guys but in my humble opinion it was worth every dime.

I do not see how you can not have a great experience at my new found favorite restaurant!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Accomac inn is an absolute amazing place! The cocktail creations are out of this world and I enjoy how the ingredients are the freshest. The bartender was extremely pleasant and we could tell he greatly enjoyed his job. Once we sat down the staff continued with outstanding service. The presentation and the taste of the food was utter bliss! I was thrown off by not knowing what some of the items on the menu exactly were but our server happily explained any we questions we had. I've read other reviews about the length of the dining experience but we absolutely loved it. It is definitely a place to relax and enjoy yourself so if you are in a hurry I would give your server a heads up. This should no be a negative though. If you want a quick streak and potatoes that tastes the same as anywhere else I would suggest Chile's or roadhouse. The accomac is five steps above! We will definitely be returning and recommend the Accomac inn as a must for food and drink connoisseurs!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went there on Friday evening with some good friends. It was busy but we had reservations so there was no wait. A friendly greeting by the hostess. We were seated promptly. Certain days of the month they have lighting strictly by candlelight, no lights. So lighting was dim but the character and atmosphere were amazing!
We were waited on in just a couple minutes. Our waitress was very pleasant. The food was great! Very tasty and well prepared. The presentation was excellent. All four of us were very pleased with our meals. So to recap, food excellent, service-excellent, atmosphere excellent, and presentation - excellent! We would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We hadn't been to the Accomac in ages and decided to give it a try for our 43rd Anniversary. The main dining room was being used for a special Halloween function so we were seated in a room upstairs. Our server was very attentive even though he was working 4 other tables. I ordered a jalapeño infused vodka cocktail which was great. We shared the pizza appetizer which was blah. More like a toasted pita with squash cubes ( too big) feta cheese , sugared walnuts and arugula which wasn't fresh. My entree was scallops with greens, edamame and potatoes . Very pretty presentation . I just don't like my greens served with the hard stems that have to be cut off. The potato was one fingerling cut in fours and I don't like the ends, which when roasted, are always drier and hard. The scallops were fine.
My husband ordered the rib-eye special. I know he expected it to come on the bone. It was the meat portion nicely sliced. I don't think it is a portion big enough for a man. We did share the bananas foster which is prepared table side and was yummy.
Don't think I would return for dinner but will go in the spring for a drink and to enjoy the view of the river from the porch.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Had an anniv dinner there last nite... sat on porch with nice view of river... however, there were tons of stink bugs on the screens, which also were kinda dirty... shoulda moved inside but didnt. Service was sloooow... however the soups were AWESOME as was the meal... biggest disappointment of the nite - they dont take Discover -- really??

Been to The Accomac? Share your experiences!