“Decent pet friendly motel”
Review of Motel 6 York

Motel 6 York
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in York
Sylvan Beach, New York
“Decent pet friendly motel”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Arrived late and the woman at the front desk was very nice. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Having faux wood floors made the room seem cleaner than carpets for a pet room. Very inexpensive place to stay when only needing a good night sleep. No extras like a hair dryer or coffee maker.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gerri624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I recently spent a few nights here for a business trip and had a great stay! I checked in late on Monday night and the woman checking me in was very friendly and made me feel welcome even through the night window. The gentleman who helped me get a wifi code on Tuesday evening was just as pleasant and polite! I love the renovated rooms, they look so clean and fresh. Being in hospitality myself, I am always looking at the cleanliness of the rooms I stay in and this one was great! Brand new beds made for a good nights sleep! I would recommend anyone try this Motel 6 for whatever brings you to York.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kate T
Mattawamkeag, Maine
Reviewed 15 October 2013

While working in the area this is the second time I have stayed here and the changes since the last time are way over due the hotel was dated and needed some improvements. Location was great close to alot of restaurants and of course the Harley Davidson factory tours. When I return I probably will stay there again if I stay for an extended time again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank fireeater77
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2013

It is enjoyable to have the new remodeled room of faux wood...hey at least it isn't carpet. The room was clean and bright. The front desk staff was very nice. There is a Starbucks and Mexican grill next door. That worked out nice for a quick meal and a good morning coffee.

It was a good experience. One of the other reviews felt unsafe there. I think all Motel 6's tend to have people who "hang" around outside. I didn't encounter that at this one. Of course that was probably just timing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank wanderingk9s
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Here for the long weekend. Evening staff was pleasant, young man morning staff seemed to take ownership when I expressed pleasure at the freshly painted and sparkling clean room; he indicated that furniture updates (needed) were scheduled soon. The hard flooring a big improvement over old stained carpet. Downsides: No decaf coffee, no shampoo, and (get this) extra charge for internet access. Only $3.50, but come on! But a decent experience, a significant price edge over competition even factoring in the need to purchase breakfast. I'd go there again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nick55125
McIndoe Falls, Vermont
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Motel was clean, staff friendly, beds were comfortable it was located close to everything we needed. The Motel is in the process of remodeling after the remodeling is done I would give them a higher rating--we could not bet the price!! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the new remodeled rooms they are nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rita L
Saint Clairsville
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I checked in, paid cash for 5 days. Was not happy with room and didn't feel safe in this location. You know it's bad when it says low weekly rates. Lady at desk was nice, but I wanted my cash back after finding another hotel to stay in. They said they dropped the cash and didn't have enough. Took a long time and they made it hard, but finally I got my cash back. Would not recommend this motel. Other people were going to check out too. No refrig/microwave, small tv - depressing room.

Room Tip: I didn't stay, so I can't rate everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo