“Enjoy wine, delicious food and an art gallery”

The Handsome Cab Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 18 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Handsome Cab offers its clientele a striking venue in which to congregate amongst friends, family, or business associates. We provide attentive yet relaxed service to our patrons whether they are stopping in for a quick cocktail after work, or settling into gastronomic plates prepared on site and served at our lounge, bar, or intimate table settings (or in our private wine cellar). Our music feature selections from an eclectic collection of sound to compliment the mood of the moment. Our space is adorned by original works of art to create historical resonance within our building and the surrounding area. Finally, our second floor comprising of three rooms is dedicated to original works of art and available to our patrons for enjoyment or purchase. Visit The Handsome Cab to enjoy an environment designed to engage the senses in an uncompromised celebration of the beauty of life.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Enjoy wine and mixed drinks. Very knowledgeable staff about their wines. Always something new. Delicious tapas. Art gallery featuring talented local artists on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

1  Thank MaryAnn H
"guacamole"
"stuffed dates"
"sliders"
in 2 reviews
"nice selection of wines"
"food and wine"
"downtown york"
"entrees"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Decided to try this new, down-town restaurant. Nice ambiance although a bit dark in the dining area. Food was okay, but a bit expensive considering the small portions. I left somewhat hungry!!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Let's start with the obvious positive, the building is gorgeous.

Went last week with a good friend for a happy hour/light dinner, finally checking out a new restaurant downtown we'd heard so much about. We have frequent dinners and happy hours downtown and were excited to try something new. Beautiful evening, so we sat outside, and it was a Sunday evening so not too busy. The menu looked delicious so we waited for our server. And waited. And waited. Finally when she showed up, she asked for our drink order. I ordered one of the wines "on tap," only to be informed they were out of that particular wine (Really? A featured wine? OK) and she politely guided me to a similar chardonnay, that also happened to be $3 more per glass. When I asked about some of the other wines on the menu, at this so-called WINE BAR, our server laughed and said, "Ha! There's like 60 wines in there [the menu], I've never even heard of half of them!" I was completely dumbfounded. How has a server at a wine bar not even heard of half the wines on their menu?!

When we ordered food, we ordered a trio dip/spread plate to share. It came with an olive tapenade, spinach artichoke dip, and something else that escapes me. It was good, not great, but good. We actually had to ask three times for appetizer plates and silverware as we had nothing on our table but our wine glasses. My friend ordered the Chicken Oscar, which I can't speak for, but she didn't finish it. I ordered Veggie Skewers. The skewers were tasteless, not seasoned at all. And they cost $12 for literally two skewers of squash - a cheap filler veggie! Each skewer had a mushroom, two halves of a grape tomato (a whole grape tomato on each!), and a slice of onion. For TWELVE DOLLARS.

From the incredibly poor service (not knowing the restaurant's wines, slow service, inattentiveness, and her forgetfulness) to the lackluster food at exorbitantly high prices, it's safe to say we won't be adding this to our downtown happy hour repertoire.

** .... happily returns to Left Bank .... **

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to patronage this restaurant tonight. We love that there are so many new, exciting, and different restaurants coming to York city. We loved the interior atmosphere and decor. Very modern & artsy. The thing that really drew us here was the extensive wine list, along with an option to do flights of wine. I have always seen beer offered this way, but never wine. We did this, and it was great! I also love the small plates option, and some different choices of cheese boards & spreads. This would be a great place for those ladies looking to have a night out with a group of their girlfriends! I know I plan on going back with mine! The service was great. I had the Cajun shrimp & chicken salad. I thought it was delicious. My husband had their Italian special which was carbonara. This was an awesome dish! To top this whole evening off, we shared a piece of coconut cake. Oh my gosh! This was amazing! They have a lot of different options then that of their competition. This was something that helped them stand out. Give it a try!

1  Thank Laura S