“Thumbs up”

Hampton Inn And Suites York South
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. There were Neutragena products for shower use. Cookies and coffee/tea in the lobby in the evenings. Breakfast was better than expected. Lots of room to sit and eat. Staff was very friendly. Even though it is close to the interstate, there were no outside noises in the room.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn And Suites York South

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a newer property which has been impeccably maintained by the staff. The staff are exceptionally kind and welcoming. The desk staff were cordial and helpful; each employee we met impressed with authentic kindness and interest. The room was comfortable, immaculate and well-furnished. The staff and management are doing every thing right!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ncoast
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn York South for a total of 3 nights during a recent trip for a relative's wedding. When I started looking for a hotel a few months before our trip, I noticed that this Hampton Inn was "coming soon" at the time but was accepting reservations. I've had a pretty good experience with Hampton Inn in the past and figured a brand new one would be a great choice...I wasn't disappointed. The new building was obviously very clean and nice, but the hotel staff was also extremely friendly and helpful. I had pleasant interactions with the front desk, the breakfast host, and even the cleaning staff. The breakfast selection was good and the 24/7 complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate was nice as well.

One "negative" (more like a minor inconvenience) of our stay was the WiFi. The WiFi was advertised as "complimentary" everywhere and when I went to connect to it, the landing page proceeded to tell me that the WiFi was $4.95 per day. It did give me the option to sign in with my HHonors account (which I did) to get free access. Honestly, I would imagine this is probably a typo, as I have never known a Hampton Inn to charge for WiFi, but nonetheless it was a little confusing and I didn't want to take the chance that it would be charged to my bill.

All in all, this was a fantastic stay and if I'm ever in the York, PA area again, it will be my first choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is wonderful and the staff is of high quality they take pride in the hotel and treatment of their customers. I would highly recommend the hotel to others. The management and staff went out of their way to help us and make our visit a positive experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel was clean and modern. The Staff was excellent. Family was arriving early to attend a wedding and the Staff made sure we had a room ready to change. Room was clean and well designed. Lobby was friendly and supplied a great venue for breakfast. Food and coffee were excellent and a great value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn South York in June 2014 in conjunction with a family celebration. With all due respect to the excellent Homewood Suites at the North George Street exit of I-83, I am thrilled to have a Hilton property to go to on the south end of my home town! Both are managed by a firm that a high school classmate of mine runs. He is doing a fine job!

This new Hilton property features all the new accoutrements - a well-lit and airy commons on the first floor and in-room features such as a power hub on one of the nightstands (AC and USB ports, very convenient for CPAP patients and tech-savvy travelers). The one new feature I have not seen before, at least in out room, was an island/room divider that served several purposes: storage for clothes and also a place to work. It separated the sitting area of the room from the sleeping area. A flat-panel TV telescoped from the wall on one end of the divider, conveniently viewed while working or relaxing in bed.

The hotel is located next to a Sunoco gas station, a Dunkin' Donuts, and the South York Shopping Center is just down the hill (with a Giant grocery store). Entrance to and exit from Interstate 83 is adjacent to the hotel, as it is located on the south end of the Queen Street interchange. If you want something more substantial for breakfast than standard Hampton fare, try the South York Diner on the opposite end of the interchange. It had been closed for a year or so and I was glad to see it back open.

The staff was quite friendly, always asking how you were and "have a nice day". This just added to the excellence of the facility.

This will be our place to stay when visiting York!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel on May 16, 2014. It was a one night stay due to the fact that I needed to sleep before driving back to New York the next morning. I had just picked him up from York College at the end of the semester. The hotel is very close to the college, that's a big plus. The hotel and the staff are absolutely AWESOOOMMMEEEE! It is brand new and so clean, my mouth was open for about ten minutes just marveling at the room. The front desk staff was very helpful and always smiling. I requested a late check out and it was no problem at all. You get the sense that the staff wants to help their guests. Stephanie was at the front desk Saturday morning and she is a gem. The young lady and gentleman that checked us in Friday night were also amazingly warm. The hotel is so nice I actually wanted to stay one more night just to relax. If you're in York, PA stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family