“Beautiful and relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in York
West Columbia, United States
“Beautiful and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Hampton Inn is new and beautiful! The hotel is very clean with a welcome home environment. The helpful desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Each morning we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast with hot coffee! I utilized the gym and business area and both were great! The location is easy on and off interstate in a good area of town.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ovid, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel over memorial weekend. The staff were accommodating and allowed us to check in at 2:30 on our arrival date so we could head out to Baltimore. The hotel was booked and there were many people in the common areas, the staff did an excellent job with a full hotel. There was always fresh coffee available and during breakfast the food was replenished quickly. The breakfast choices were great as with most Hampton's. The room was comfortable and when the maid cleaned our room the following day the kids were happy to come back to find their stuffed animals looking cozy hanging out on the bed. Despite the hotel being full, it was not loud in the halls or difficult to sleep. I love that Hampton is modeling all of their hotels consistently, I know the quality to expect. I come to York every year during memorial weekend and plan to stay at this hotel from now on!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pataskala, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. There were Neutragena products for shower use. Cookies and coffee/tea in the lobby in the evenings. Breakfast was better than expected. Lots of room to sit and eat. Staff was very friendly. Even though it is close to the interstate, there were no outside noises in the room.

Arcata, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a newer property which has been impeccably maintained by the staff. The staff are exceptionally kind and welcoming. The desk staff were cordial and helpful; each employee we met impressed with authentic kindness and interest. The room was comfortable, immaculate and well-furnished. The staff and management are doing every thing right!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncoast
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn York South for a total of 3 nights during a recent trip for a relative's wedding. When I started looking for a hotel a few months before our trip, I noticed that this Hampton Inn was "coming soon" at the time but was accepting reservations. I've had a pretty good experience with Hampton Inn in the past and figured a brand new one would be a great choice...I wasn't disappointed. The new building was obviously very clean and nice, but the hotel staff was also extremely friendly and helpful. I had pleasant interactions with the front desk, the breakfast host, and even the cleaning staff. The breakfast selection was good and the 24/7 complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate was nice as well.

One "negative" (more like a minor inconvenience) of our stay was the WiFi. The WiFi was advertised as "complimentary" everywhere and when I went to connect to it, the landing page proceeded to tell me that the WiFi was $4.95 per day. It did give me the option to sign in with my HHonors account (which I did) to get free access. Honestly, I would imagine this is probably a typo, as I have never known a Hampton Inn to charge for WiFi, but nonetheless it was a little confusing and I didn't want to take the chance that it would be charged to my bill.

All in all, this was a fantastic stay and if I'm ever in the York, PA area again, it will be my first choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is wonderful and the staff is of high quality they take pride in the hotel and treatment of their customers. I would highly recommend the hotel to others. The management and staff went out of their way to help us and make our visit a positive experience.

Erdenheim, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel was clean and modern. The Staff was excellent. Family was arriving early to attend a wedding and the Staff made sure we had a room ready to change. Room was clean and well designed. Lobby was friendly and supplied a great venue for breakfast. Food and coffee were excellent and a great value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family