“Great Place To Stay”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel is GREAT! From check-in to check-out, the experience was Great. The room was very large. Not your average size hotel room. We had a King Bed that was very comfortable. The In Room Jacuzzi was deep and big enough for Two Adults of a little over the 235 pound mark. Even the Bath room was a good size. We had plenty of towels, wash cloths and hand towels to last for our 2 night stay. We were on the 2nd floor, which is a Non-Smoking Floor. There is plenty of shopping and eating places in the area around the hotel. The hotel is back off the highway enough so you don't get any road noise. Breakfast was good. The only drawback is the long wait for the waffle iron. If they had 2 of them, it would greatly improve the breakfast area. The fruit was fresh and the coffee was good and hot. As items became empty, the Hostess was there to refill quickly. I will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Getaway4613
Meg S, Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell other guests what you liked about our Best Western Westgate Inn. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Westgate Inn

Reviewed 3 June 2012

The hotel was a bit difficult to see if you're always lost in your zone and not paying attention to the world. Going down 30 with your eyes open, No one should miss the sign for Best western. The beds are extremely comfortable. The room is spacious, the hot water is available at any time of the day or night as far as I know. If you are a non-smoker try to get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor, the 3rd floor smells of smoke residue. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is ecstatic, We were here during street rods, so got to enjoy the view of some really fancy cars with my sister and brother in law.

Room Tip: 3rd floor primarily smokers, hallway will smell, but inside the room it smelled just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cooper G
Meg S, Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Mr. Cooper,

Reviewed 21 May 2012

First of all the motel was hard to find and we drove by it and it took several miles to reach an exit where we could get off and come back on 30 to look for it. The clerk was average but did not give clear dlrections on how to get into the building from the parking lot. Then when I went down the hall to the end to figure out how to get in from the parking lot, the back door was blocked open with a rock. I released the door but thought that this should have been monitored by the person at the desk. The room was fine and AC worked well. Dark room and quiet enough even though it was close to Route 30. Did not stay for breakfast.

Room Tip: Probably would be a good choice to choose those in back if you don't plan to run the AC or fan.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank EVGR
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

We travel often, and have stayed at many Best Westerns. We were to stay 2 nights, but left early after one nights stay. Hallway smelled, room was dirty, toilet obviously uncleaned, blood on the comforter, hair on the sheets, no coffee at breakfast, waffle mix came out as water. Needless to say, we left and are currently in a very nice Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank GatlinGun
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This motel is hidden behind TGI Fridays. The restuarant does provide some room service. Cleaner than we expected as we were just in for one night, traveling inexpensively. Everything was fine...about 2 miles from Route 83 off route 30, so tons of food choices very close by. Would stay again especially if just passing through. $72 AAA rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bwdailey
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had a comfortable stay here when we were in town recently visiting family. We stayed in the Jacuzzi room which is a nice size. I got up early and hit the breakfast bar while my fiancé slept. I was a little disappointed that the local news was on instead of a national morning show but I got over it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn M

Dear Dawn,

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed in the Best Western Westgate Inn lastnite, I booked and guaranteed reservation ahead of time and confirmed that I will be checking in early, 8a.m due to traveling. When I arrived my room was not ready, it was the King- Jacuzzi Suite, which I paid a pretty penny for, I had to check into a lower class room, wait over an hour for the room to be cleaned, and then transfer all my items into new room without any assistance from front desk or housekeeping. They didn't even bring my new room keys to me, The service overall was not what was expected since I am a gold points member, I was never offered a discount on the room even though I waited over an hour and checked out at 5p.m, I have no plans on staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Westgate Inn.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.