“Service is excellent.”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stay at this hotel quite often because it is a clean and comfortable hotel. In addition, the staff - from front desk to housekeeping - are all pleasant and extremely helpful. If you want a home away from home, this is the place to go. It is also located near many restaurants, fast food restaurants, a shopping mall, and a movie theater.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katharine C
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home away from home. We hope that you will come back soon!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The stay was pleasant. However, after driving 1000 miles, we checked in at 11:40 AM and were told by the clerk that we would be charged half a day for being so early. Check-in time was set at noon. I have never encoutered such an unwelcoming clerk. I beleive we came at a time when she just did not want to be bothered. We therefore left and came back at 8:00 PM on the same day to make sure that we would not be charged extra.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Meg S, Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We did address the situation with the front desk agent in question. It seems there was a misunderstanding. You called the property around 7:00 am to see if check-in was available, to which our employee referenced to the policy of the half day charge. If you were calling to seek a check-in for around 11 am, that is no problem at all. As a courtesy we accept early check-ins every day especially when you room is sitting ready and available. This is a common practice in winter seasons when hotels are not busy which gives us an opportunity to go a bit above & beyond to service our guests.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

As a retired Airline hostess, I have had many various experiences with hotels. I needed a room that could accomodate a wheelchair patient and a caregiver. All the hadicap rooms in the area boast a queen bed but they are all singles. We got a regular double room and it was plenty large. It was cleaan and bright. The beds were WONDERFULLY COMFORTABLE. Access to the lobby from outside was problematic as it involved a steep ramp, but the staff was more than helpful in their service to us. Not only did they get my sister in her wheelchair into the hotel without making her feel like it was an effort for them; they handled egress too. the fact that we were guests was handed off to each shift. They introduced themselves to us and let us know that they were standing at the ready to be of whatever servicee to us that they could be. I was anticipating problems but they made sure we had none and did it with grace and warmth. It was a marvelous hotel stay.
Superb

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and I can only say oour rooms were great. We didnot have breakfast in the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marie M
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and each guest is treated like family here.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed for three days in this clean and comfortable hotel. The beds and pillows are soooooo comfortable!! Good location to highway and dining. Friendly & helpful staff. Great breakfast included and free parking!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Petunia F
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again!

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The motel is a bit dated, but generally well-kept. I had trouble regulating the heat in the room, as even on low it was too hot, but the room became cold fast due to an open air intake below the unit. I used the micro and fridge, and those are pluses. I also used the office area as I forgot my laptop, so that was convenient. Free breakfast was a plus.

Room Tip: You can park your car so that you can see it from your room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob984
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent 5 days here and was very happy with my experience. The hotel rooms need a bit of updating but the staff more then made up for it. Would rather have a great friendly experence then a perfect room...This hotel made me feel at home which is great as I am on the road so much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very clean. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Lots of dining and shopping options nearby. Close to the theatre. Friendly staff. Temperature of room easily adjusted. Very quiet. Coffee maker and fridge in room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is always a joy to have wonderful guest as yourself, respond and give us back feedback.

Your business is very important to us and we value your opinions. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to talk about your experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.