“Hidden Benefit Makes this a "Best" Western”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This Best Western came through for me when I found myself in York, PA, with an unexpected need to stay overnight. I was permitted to check in early. I made use of the business center and the fitness room. The hidden benefit is that a short walk from the hotel is a golf course that is no longer active, but the cartpaths still exist and the owner permits access to the public. I took advantage of this on the afternoon I checked in and the following morning for pleasant walks. This benefit may not exist for long as the property is scheduled to be developed as a hospital. Breakfast in the morning was adequate, the options were not extensive. Located just off Route 30 the hotel is easily accessible, but is far enough from the highway that noise is not an issue.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ed S
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and location of our property. It is indeed a very traveler friendly location and has also the basic amenities and services one can need when away from home and more! We hope that you will come back again!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was an en-route stay, so we just needed a comfortable and affordable place for one night. Provides all the necessary things -- the microwave and fridge were very helpful. Breakfast was good, included boiled eggs and make your own waffles with her usual cereals and pastries and coffee. Only detractor was that the beds were soft, saggy mattresses had us rolling in the middle towards each other -- could be very romantic.... I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nancyk833

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again! We will definitely look into the mattress of your room. The box spring probably needs replacement. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had provided a poor rating on Hotwire about this hotel, but blamed the problem on Hotwire in that they overrated the hotel by comparing it to HI Exp and Hampton. Quality of this place is low and should not be compared to these nicer hotels. Still clean though and would have stayed there in a pinch...Until today...checking my credit card and noticed a charge from Best Western. THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN AFTER I ALREADY HAD PAID HOTWIRE FOR THE ROOM. When I asked the hotel clerk what happens if I didn't call, she said that it would have gone unnoticed (I would have double paid). I asked if they would provide any complimentary nights for such a thing and she said no, in fact "we don't even show that we have been paid by Hotwire". I asked if they know of tripadvisor and she said yes...ok, here you go...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Parfam
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

It has come to my understanding that your personal credit card was charged for your stay, when you had already prepaid with hot-wire. I agree that your card should not have been charged, however there are errors that occur from time to time even at our end. We take full responsibility and efforts in fixing it for the guest. At the same time, we hope the guest will understand our situation and work with us as we are trying to resolve the matter.

Our business is driven purely on loyalty and we take pride in providing the same to our customers. We would never do anything to lose the trust & confidence of guests in our hotel & its management team.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great location but room cleanliness and quality was poor. Mattress was saggy, bathroom was filthy, bathtub would not drain properly, TV was ancient, chairs were dirty. Lobby area was fine, staff friendly and efficient but rooms need to be updated and cleaned.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

greeted by friendly staff with every entry. Nice clean room with plenty of towels. Large lobby area where guests sat and watched tv, drank coffee and chatted. Informal but very friendly. Not able to stay for breakfast, but it did look good. Easy access to all about town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home away from home. We hope that you will come back soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here because it was the place recommended by our car club for a show nearby. Not a 4 star place but very clean and comfortable. Nice full size comfy sofa in our room, quite unlike what you get at most motels. King size bed was very nice, everything very clean and up to date. We'd definitely stay here next time we go to the event.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin325492003
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Only the locaitin is great. The rooms are getting shabby. The breakfast was quite poor, packaged danish, cereal, the standard make your own waffels and warm yogurt. This used to be a very nice place to stay but unless things change I will not return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.