“Comfortable and Affordable”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in York
“Comfortable and Affordable”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was an en-route stay, so we just needed a comfortable and affordable place for one night. Provides all the necessary things -- the microwave and fridge were very helpful. Breakfast was good, included boiled eggs and make your own waffles with her usual cereals and pastries and coffee. Only detractor was that the beds were soft, saggy mattresses had us rolling in the middle towards each other -- could be very romantic.... I would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank nancyk833
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again! We will definitely look into the mattress of your room. The box spring probably needs replacement. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bedford
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had provided a poor rating on Hotwire about this hotel, but blamed the problem on Hotwire in that they overrated the hotel by comparing it to HI Exp and Hampton. Quality of this place is low and should not be compared to these nicer hotels. Still clean though and would have stayed there in a pinch...Until today...checking my credit card and noticed a charge from Best Western. THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN AFTER I ALREADY HAD PAID HOTWIRE FOR THE ROOM. When I asked the hotel clerk what happens if I didn't call, she said that it would have gone unnoticed (I would have double paid). I asked if they would provide any complimentary nights for such a thing and she said no, in fact "we don't even show that we have been paid by Hotwire". I asked if they know of tripadvisor and she said yes...ok, here you go...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Parfam
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

It has come to my understanding that your personal credit card was charged for your stay, when you had already prepaid with hot-wire. I agree that your card should not have been charged, however there are errors that occur from time to time even at our end. We take full responsibility and efforts in fixing it for the guest. At the same time, we hope the guest will understand our situation and work with us as we are trying to resolve the matter.

Our business is driven purely on loyalty and we take pride in providing the same to our customers. We would never do anything to lose the trust & confidence of guests in our hotel & its management team.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Newry, Maine
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great location but room cleanliness and quality was poor. Mattress was saggy, bathroom was filthy, bathtub would not drain properly, TV was ancient, chairs were dirty. Lobby area was fine, staff friendly and efficient but rooms need to be updated and cleaned.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

York, Uganda
Reviewed 17 March 2014

greeted by friendly staff with every entry. Nice clean room with plenty of towels. Large lobby area where guests sat and watched tv, drank coffee and chatted. Informal but very friendly. Not able to stay for breakfast, but it did look good. Easy access to all about town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014

Webster NY
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here because it was the place recommended by our car club for a show nearby. Not a 4 star place but very clean and comfortable. Nice full size comfy sofa in our room, quite unlike what you get at most motels. King size bed was very nice, everything very clean and up to date. We'd definitely stay here next time we go to the event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevin325492003
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 15 March 2014

West Milford, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Only the locaitin is great. The rooms are getting shabby. The breakfast was quite poor, packaged danish, cereal, the standard make your own waffels and warm yogurt. This used to be a very nice place to stay but unless things change I will not return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Russell L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Warren, PA
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It's located just off Route 30, so it's easily accessible and easy to find. Check in was quick and easy, and the front desk girl was helpful and courteous. We had a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor. Unfortunately, we were in room 316. Rooms 301 thru 315 are smoking rooms, and the cigarette smell in the hallway was almost overpowering. Once we got into our room, the smell was gone.

Our bed was comfortable, but a heavier blanket would have been nice. We were also quite pleased at the size of the room. Though we didn't use it, the couch with a foldaway nice. The room also came with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was small, but clean, and the water pressure was FANTASTIC! Overall the room was clean and comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was OK. Nothing special, but nice to have available. There is also ample free parking.

There were a lot of contractors staying at the hotel, and it would be nice if management would chase them to an acceptable distance when they're smoking outside. Several times we walked the gauntlet of 5 or 6 smoking on the ramp/stairs leading to the front entry.

There was work being done on the closed restaurant out front. I checked the sign, and it said a Quaker Steak and Lube would be opening in the spring of 2014.

A good value. Some rooms at other hotels you wouldn't want to stay in more than one night. Our room was perfectly acceptable for multiple nights.

Room Tip: It appears the first floor is all non-smoking. I would try to get on a hallway that doesn't sha...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Parksy52
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home away from home. We hope that you will come back soon! We do apologize for the rudeness of the other guest. There is a designated area for the smoker's to smoke their cigarettes but unfortunately sometimes people do not realize what an inconvenience it may be to another person. Once again we do apologize.