“Beautiful Center - Security Staff need attention”
Review of The Pullo Center

The Pullo Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Concerts & Shows in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Pullo Center at Penn State York features a 1,016-seat theatre with full production capabilities. The Pullo Center offers a diverse array of touring shows, concerts, and cultural, community, and educational events. The Pullo Center is the home of many technical rehearsals for national touring shows, and offers a variety of Broadway, children's shows, comedy, and concert events.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

The venue is beautiful and the back of the house well laid out for working an event. The security staff need to remember that participants can hear them when they are speaking to each other about the people attending the event. Not very professional conversations heard many times.

1  Thank David M
Amber P, Guest Relations Manager at The Pullo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hi David,
Thank you so much for the kind remarks about our venue and back of house. We also appreciate you making us aware of the security staff. We will be sure to have the manager review policies and procedures with them to ensure a more professional demeanor.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here for many shows from country artists to Irish bands and Japanese drum music. Always a pleasant experience and looking forward to another show there in October.

Thank you, we look forward to having you come to another event soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I recently visited the Pullo Center for an evening with Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. I had two positive experiences with the staff of the facility before I even arrived. First, I sent an inquiry about their recommendations for hotels. No big deal, maybe, but I received a reply on SUNDAY after submitting the question on Friday or Saturday. So they attend to things even during the weekend. Next my tickets had not arrived before I left home on my trip. So I called, asking what I could do about this. The reply: no problem, we'll just print "no fee" tickets and have them waiting at "will call," which they did.

The facility itself was excellent, with comfortable seating, good acoustics, and clear lines of sight. I had a seat on the absolute far right side of the orchestra section, but it was great.

The only problem I had was my own fault. For some reason my Garmin (boo!, hiss!)
navigator took me to the wrong side of campus and I needed to ask directions to get to the right place. Fortunately the student I stopped was very helpful. So make sure you park off Edgecomb Avenue on the East side of campus.

And of course, Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox was as exciting as always.

Amber P, Front Office Manager at The Pullo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Hi Mr Sutton!

Thank you so much for your rave review of our facility and our staff. We take great pride in our customer service, and we are so happy that our staff did not disappoint...and the show didn't either! We hope you will be back for another show in the future!

Amber Patton

Reviewed 7 November 2015

I have been to a couple of events here and it's a nice intimate venue. The Pullo Center is an auditorium on the campus of Penn State York. It has two levels but most any seat is a good one. Prices are good and there are occasional free shows. I saw Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch a few years back and this past July I went for a free concert from the Army Orchestra. The place is handicap accessible, good acoustics, nice area of town and I'd definitely recommend it.

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you have come back for several shows, and enjoyed our free community events as well! Be sure to come again soon!

Amber Patton

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2015

I've seen Alton Brown, David Cook, Ralphie May and Greg Giraldo at the Pullo Center and never been disappointed. They offer VIP tickets which allow you chances to meet the stars backstage which we did with Brown and Cook, and both were great to meet.
The staff at the Pullo Center have always been friendly with us, and there's tons of parking even for bigger events.
We've sat all over the Pullo Center and never had a bad view. Can't wait to go back for another show soon!

Amber P, Front Office Manager at The Pullo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Hi Michael,

We are happy that you have enjoyed our theatre so much that you have returned time and time again! The VIP packages are an awesome incentive, and we are thrilled that you have taken advantage of it! Please come back and visit us again soon!

-Amber Patton
Ticket Manager, The Pullo Center

Been to The Pullo Center? Share your experiences!