“Ruined Birthday”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Have eaten here several times and always enjoyed the cuisine. Looks like they have changed chefs as the menu is different, and unfortunately not at all for the better. The small plates we ordered were good, though they have been better, and I was looking forward to the Seafood Papardelle. I was served RANCID scallops, and the Papardelle was in a dried up 'sauce'. The waiter was such a novice when I told him my seafood was spoiled, he whisked my plate away quickly, and before I could say anything immediately brought me another. At least there was actual cream sauce that time! Inexcusable for the chef to let such a bad looking and spoiled meal leave the kitchen to begin with. Even the flowers on the tables are now fake, and I must say I was incredibly shocked to see that there appears to be zero dress code now also. Many patrons were literally in ripped jeans, etc. IRONWOODS HAS GONE VERY MUCH DOWNHILL.

1  Thank lafoose
Melissa H, Public Relations Manager at Oak., responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate that you took the time to let us know where we fell short and apologize for your recent experience. Service and food quality is very important to us.

Would you mind calling our Director of Food & Beverage, Ken Painter at (717) 755-0123 x 629 to further discuss your experience at Ironwoods?

Melissa

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Everything was excellent! I had the prosciutto wrapped salmon as an entree and it was very good but the small plates stole the show. Scallop and pork belly was amazing as well as the goat cheese medallions. The waitress advised us to eat tapas style and order a few small plates. Next time that is what we will do. The entrees were good but we were stuffed and the dessert items sounded to good and they were!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We enjoyed a meal here, maybe not as delicious as the other restaurant at the facility but still very good. We were there with friends and enjoyed the professional and efficient staff.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just returned to Ironwoods for our Anniversary. Alesia was our server and she was so helpful. She explained their portions, as we shared the Lobster Bisque which was incredible. I had the Crab Cake which was delicious and unlike any Crab Cake that I've ever had. My Wife had the Scallops and they were made to perfection. We topped off our meal with a Chocolate Dessert, and Alesia recommended that we share because of it's richness. That was very wise advice. We also recommend the Easter and Mother's Day Brunch. Stephanie who schedules these reservations for us, remembered us and let us know that she had us taken care of for Easter, and would accommodate us for Mother's Day. York, PA is very fortunate to have a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great food...love the small plates. New menu is fantastic. Hard to choose what to eat. Great to share a couple different plates with friends.

Melissa H, Public Relations Manager at Oak., responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Oak.? Share your experiences!