“Very impressed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Very impressed”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hubby and I had a delightful Saturday evening dinner here. The place used to be called
Windows on the Green, changed to Ironwoods sometime in the past year or two, I guess. This is the fancier restaurant on the beautiful grounds of Heritage Hills Resort. There is a beautiful view of the rolling hills of the golf course through the large windowed walls of the upper level room.
The service was great...the waitress offered a lot of advice about the menu and food choices. I had the butternut squash soup and a small plate of a small filet mignon. Hubby had a pork dish that he really liked, the portions being very generous. Entrees do not come with a salad, which has always bothered me...so we shared a larger specialty pear salad.
I would definitely return for a special occasion, but I think I will first go back and try the other more casual restaurant, Knickers Pub, an outside restaurant with its own bar. It was very busy with golfers and tourists at the bar and tables with umbrellas.

• Visited July 2014
Melissa H, Public Relations Manager at Oak., responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks for your sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food and will share the rest of your feedback with our staff.

We look forward to hosting you at Knickers Pub soon!

Thanks again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I thought it was great!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

A group of my co-workers at there tonight, and we all thought it was great. Very nice service, and the food tasted awesome!

Visited June 2014

Thanks again!
York, Pennsylvania
“Ruined Birthday”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Have eaten here several times and always enjoyed the cuisine. Looks like they have changed chefs as the menu is different, and unfortunately not at all for the better. The small plates we ordered were good, though they have been better, and I was looking forward to the Seafood Papardelle. I was served RANCID scallops, and the Papardelle was in a dried up 'sauce'. The waiter was such a novice when I told him my seafood was spoiled, he whisked my plate away quickly, and before I could say anything immediately brought me another. At least there was actual cream sauce that time! Inexcusable for the chef to let such a bad looking and spoiled meal leave the kitchen to begin with. Even the flowers on the tables are now fake, and I must say I was incredibly shocked to see that there appears to be zero dress code now also. Many patrons were literally in ripped jeans, etc. IRONWOODS HAS GONE VERY MUCH DOWNHILL.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank lafoose
Melissa H, Public Relations Manager at Oak., responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate that you took the time to let us know where we fell short and apologize for your recent experience. Service and food quality is very important to us.

Would you mind calling our Director of Food & Beverage, Ken Painter at (717) 755-0123 x 629 to further discuss your experience at Ironwoods?

Melissa
York, Pennsylvania
“SMALL PLATES!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Everything was excellent! I had the prosciutto wrapped salmon as an entree and it was very good but the small plates stole the show. Scallop and pork belly was amazing as well as the goat cheese medallions. The waitress advised us to eat tapas style and order a few small plates. Next time that is what we will do. The entrees were good but we were stuffed and the dessert items sounded to good and they were!

Peterborough, Canada
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We enjoyed a meal here, maybe not as delicious as the other restaurant at the facility but still very good. We were there with friends and enjoyed the professional and efficient staff.

Visited April 2014

Been to Oak.? Share your experiences!