“Good stay, good price”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was very very worried at first but I was pleasantly surprised. My family and I along with another family stayed for the weekend for our trip to Hersey Park with our kids. 7/18-7/20/2014. Check in was quick. Security was present, Greeted by a woman that was very pleasant and helpful and busy(busy night, lots of people checking in and calling front desk). I believe her name was Grace. I could be wrong, Im not sure so don't quote me. Wifi is $2.99, not free but not bad in cost. The hotel smelled clean compared to the other location down the block. Please remodel the other location down the block. Hallways smelled cleaned a normal amount of wear and ear nothing bad though. I think I had a stain on the sheet but I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I travel with my own bedding. We all felt safe. Elevators were clean nothing hip or trendy but nice. The rooms were cleaned, not spotless or perfect but clean and ac worked, equipped with microwave and decent size refrigerator. Happy to have one. Floor are wood laminate no carpets which is good, bathroom clean and simple. Nice modern tv.a chair, small counter/table. No real closets just exposed shelving for hanging clothes and a luggage rack.
No iron,no shampoo/conditioner, no coffee or coffee pot.
only provided soap, toilet tissues, bathroom towels,rags and floor mats, plastic container for ice and a few plastic cups. Did hear a bit of noise from the people in the hallway, lots of people in and out so will hear some noise, walls are not sound proof. My only issue of the stay was the noise. Remote didn't work but it was quickly replaced after a visit to front desk.

Round the clock diner was near by and very good and stays open late. Near hotel. Lots of other restaurants, gas station close by. About a 20-30 mins drive to Hershey park and shopping outlets.

In all yes I would recommend staying here and I would stay her again. Was affordable, simple, provided the basics, clean and I felt comfortable, so was my family and friends. Thanks for a pleasant stay. Near Hershey park about 30-40 mins. Tanger outlet in Lancaster and Hersey.

Room Tip: Come early and make reservations. Overheard that the rooms go quickly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kerrylene

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here on our way down to Virginia for vacation. We booked this motel online and got a good price a one night stay. This motel met our expectations and the motel was as described on the Motel 6 website. This motel is in a great location, right off the main highway and near all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We were checked in very quickly considering there were three other people checking in ahead of us. The motel was clean, well light, and clearly recently renovated. We entered our room and were pleased with our accommodations. The room was very large, it was clearly just re-painted because it smelled of fresh paint, it had faux wood floors, and had a refrigerator and microwave in it. The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, and the shower had good hot water with plenty of pressure. The thing you have to know, we didn't at the time, is that you give up some creature comforts staying at a Motel 6 as this is how they keep the rates down. Our room didn't have: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, a blow dryer, iron, ironing board, or the best quality towels, they were like hospital towels. There was also a fee of $2.50 to access their Wifi. Now, if you are okay without these things, as we were, you will find that this is an affordable, no frills motel that gives you what you need without all of the bells and whistles. I would surely stay here again if I were in the area, it just may not be for everyone. Plenty of free parking and on site coffee as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. We chose this area because of equal access to Hershey, Gettysburg, and Lancaster. This is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. We paid $53 a night. The room was ok. It was very basic. No iron, clock or hair dryer. Pluses were that there are plenty of food and gas options nearby. The hotel was very clean and had recently been remodeled and the staff were all very courteous. It's definitely a place to stay when you are a budget conscious family. All we needed was somewhere to bathe and sleep. This served it's purpose well.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shannon j
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First of all, the positives.
1. Its been remodeled since it changed from being a Red Roof. Everything has been freshened up.
2. They still have the same nice staff they had when it was a Red Roof.
3. Still pet friendly

The cons:
1. Some VERY basic amenities are missing from the rooms now that its a Motel 6. For example: the alarm clocks and desk lamps are now gone. Rather disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BCole61
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The first room we were in had A/C problems, but we were moved to another room and the A/C worked great. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. This hotel was cheaper than the surrounding ones, but there was a charge for the wifi (unless you booked as an AARP member), and there was no breakfast, so I'm not sure you save much by staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We read all the reviews before I booked and the biggest issue seemed to be with the Highway noise or smoking. Overall, we had a nice stay in a very clean room with Ice cold AC. Property staff was professional and went out of their way to accommodate my 1145/noon arrival - check in is at 3. They found me a room that was ready which was great after a 3 1/2 hour drive. Great free coffee machine in the lobby and a few vending machines. There is a Hardees next door and a great diner 1/2 mile down the road - Round the Clock Diner. The reviews about the noise are correct - if you are on the side that faces the Highway, the highway noise isn't bad - but the parking lot is in your face and very noisy. Fortunately - you have the AC system right at the window and the FAN or AC setting on high easily drowns out the sound with more pleasant white noise. Problem solved. No shampoo or Hair dryer- so bring your own. Towels kinda thin but usable. Bed comfortable, microwave and small fridge in room plus a flat screen TV. Overall a comfortable stay for the night. Not sure if I would do more than a few nights - for longer I would like a place with a pool and maybe onsite bar/restaurant, but for a few nights in the area it was a good choice. There are 2 Motel 6s - this is Motel 6 North about 1/2 mile up the highway from the other motel 6. This was a red roof inn previously and the wi-fi still had the free wireless identified that way. The motel 6 gateway wanted $2.99 a night for wifi....select red roof and you should be ok...until they see this post lol. Room clean and smoke free...

Room Tip: get an odd numbered room to be away from the road noise and parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I reserved a non-smoking room, as we entered the room the odor of smoke and urine punched us in the lungs. I called to request another room and was told I was in a n/s room in spite the multiple ash trays which I was told they put ash trays in non-smoking rooms as well! The odor never let up and hung in the air like a memorial smog of all past odors. We contemplated sleeping with the door open or in the car but we powered through. In the morning we left the door open as we showered and readied ourselves. Even though we communicated our experience to the desk crew there was no offer of any reconciliation outside of a sorry. The only plus was this hotel is adjacent to a Starbucks where I was able to grab a real coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family