“What a pleasant surprise”
Review of Spring House Hotel

Spring House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Block Island
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Main Dining Room consists of our grand indoor dining room, as well as our ocean view patio, and provides patrons with exquisite fine dining. When available, the Spring House Hotel kitchen strives to use vegetables from our very own gardens, Many of our dish’s are created solely to utilize what we grow in our own backyard. We believe that self sustainability with organically grown herbs and vegetables is the healthiest way to cook. We strive to source all produce organically and or hormone and pesticide free if available, collaborating with Farm Fresh Rhode Island, we are able to source local farmers and purveyors throughout New England.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My son recommended we try Spring House for dinner after he and his girlfriend had appetizers and drinks.

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and I would recommend to everyone.

I had the Short Ribs on their fall menu and they were excellent.
My wife had the salmon and she loved it as well.

We'll be back!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is one of the fancier restaurants at Block Island, and it's definitely someplace to go if you have a few days here. The menu has good variety, from pizza to sirloins and catch of the day. I had the short ribs which were delicious, but just a note that the portion is not large so those who have bigger appetites should also get an appetizer. The other meals had decent size portions. It is a great setting and it looked well kept up.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Can't beat the setting. Historic Victorian hotel over looking the sea. But the food was pricey and disappointing. I ordered the pizza and my husband ordered the seafood risotto. Next time I would just come for a drink at sunset and eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have dined at the Spring House every year for our anniversary. The food, service and view are wonderful. I would urge the Spring House to update the interior of the restaurant and check on general cleaning. It must be challenging to maintain an indoor restaurant that has many open windows and doors right on the coast. The wallpaper is starting to peel and needs a good touch up. The island tourism has rebounded so invest in keeping this gem sparkling.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

See if you can snag the adirondack chairs and have a cold one to wind down a day. The bistro food is sufficient. The relaxed atmosphere was very welcoming.