“Be careful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Main Dining Room consists of our grand indoor dining room, as well as our ocean view patio, and provides patrons with exquisite fine dining. When available, the Spring House Hotel kitchen strives to use vegetables from our very own gardens, Many of our dish’s are created solely to utilize what we grow in our own backyard. We believe that self sustainability with organically grown herbs and vegetables is the healthiest way to cook. We strive to source all produce organically and or hormone and pesticide free if available, collaborating with Farm Fresh Rhode Island, we are able to source local farmers and purveyors throughout New England.
Reviewed 12 August 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Spring House for a wedding recently. The hotel is in a charming location and Block Island is lovely. Spring House is a bit old and worn in the corners, but that doesn't necessarily bother me in a seaside location. It is not cheap however. The staff is a bit careless and indifferent. What did bother me is that the weekend we were there they decided to organize a rock concert right on their front lawn, apparently part of a weekly summer series. We were woken up early on sunday morning by roadies, crew and all kinds of stage preparations. By the afternoon, the entire place was overrun by the festival going type (who were not staying at the hotel!) and the concert was loud and impossible to get away from. Had this been meant to be a relaxing weekend out of the city rather than a wedding we had to attend, I would have been VERY upset by this kind of commotion, as it would have totally ruined the experience. In short, be careful, as there seem to be a lot of events at this place which you may not want to be a part of.

5  Thank nicolasvdw

Reviewed 14 June 2007

This hotel, though has potential, is not cared for and it shows. The ceiling was coming down in the dining room and our room smelled musty. The customer service is terrible. The staff is indifferent and rude. I'm sure this could be a nice place if it was under new ownership, but until then I do NOT reccomend it.

7  Thank advntre-seeker
Reviewed 12 March 2005

Block island is a very relaxed location, so we were surprised to see such a beautiful and elegant restaurant! The dining room is tastefully appointed and has a beautiful view overlooking the expansive front lawn of the hotel and the ocean! The food was delicious and beautifully presented! Our waiter was friendly, personable and attentive. My fiance and I are in the process of planning our wedding, after our trip to block island and our meal at the springhouse, we are seriously considering having our ceremony on the island and our reception at the springhouse!
Smartly, i misplaced my credit card while I was at the restaurant and I didn't realize this until I returned home to CT. They were incredibly accomodating in helping me find my card and they expedited it to me when i returned home.
Overall, great place