“Great price, lovely grounds, peaceful.”
Review of The Willows Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charlestown
The Willows Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We were looking for a last-minute room and lucked out with The Willows. All the glitzy chains were $300 and up, and 10 - 20 miles from our destination -- Misquamicut and Pt. Judith. For $148 on a Saturday night we were thrilled with the clean room (plus fridge!) and friendly owners. The room may have been older, but it was spacious and clean. To me, the low-key, old-fashioned atmosphere was a huge plus. The grounds were fantastic: beautiful, spotless pool, acres of lawns, direct access to Foster's Cover, free use of kayaks, paddleboat and sunfish, and close to beaches and restaurants. There were many types of accommodations, including efficiencies and large cottages. We met families with large groups who come every year. Their kids of all ages were in the pool, or on the cove, or running in the grass. I would love to come with our extended family next summer.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that are close to, or open up to, the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Clean but very dated rooms. View very pretty as are the grounds. Nothing in walking distance, but love the area. Did not eat there so cannot review it. Stayed two days don't think I would stay here again as I would prefer to rent a house for longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have been coming to the Willows for several years now. Every time I visit, I find something more to enjoy. Just canoeing on the cove can be a refreshing get away from every day stress. It is such a relaxing atmosphere, and the Duhamel Family treats you like family. The first time I met Scott I knew that I would return again because of his friendly and warm personality. When you go away on vacation you expect to be treated special, and they do just that at the Willows.
I would highly recommend the Willows to anyone who wants a great escape.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

July 14-15

Location is fantastic. Right on Foster Cove.
Lots to do right at or from the inn. Reasonably priced. Free use of boats...Kayaking , canoeing, paddle boating. The swimming pool is pristine.... horseshoes, shuffleboard and pingpong. The rooms are older but clean. Office stafff are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Willows is an older resort with the benefit of sitting right on Foster Cove - attached to Ninigret Pond. The grounds are very well kept - the pool is clean. There are kayaks and a sunfish to use at no extra charge.
The room was older and I thought a bit musty. We don't go to the shore to sit in the room so not such a big deal and we were able to open the window.
I think with just a few changes/updates, The Willows could become the best place in the area. Spruce up the lobby with a newer vending machines and brighter area for complimentary coffee and tea. Updating the rooms would be nice as well but a larger undertaking.
The staff is friendly and helpful though and this is clearly a family business where everyone works hard. The woodchucks on the lawn are amusing and give the place a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This a family owned business, and for a mom and pop kind of place, it is one of the most peaceful and restful places I've ever stayed.
The staff (Duhamel Family) are very kind and pleasant.
The pool is nicely taken care of, the grounds are emaculate clean, and the views of the lake are absolutely breath taking.,no need to drive to the beach.
There is also a restaurant on site, and has great food and staff.

I look forward to going back...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The amenities are over the top - really !!! Our room was just what we needed - we stayed last year for a few nights and now this year all my daughter wants as her birthday present is a week there. So clean, staff very friendly, you need more than a few days to do everything. Everything you could possibly want from a vaca in Rhode Island. If you need anything - Walmart is just down the road and so is the beach.

Room Tip: You are going to sleep well - Beds are comfy and with so much to do there your tired at the end of t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Aqua Blue Hotel
#2 of 21 in Newport
The Wind Swept Inn
The Wind Swept Inn
#3 of 6 in Charlestown

Been to The Willows Resort? Share your experiences!