“MIxed reviews”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlestown
Charlestown Breachway Campground
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This place has great potential, but..... We had booked a two night stay here as part of our 2 week New England trip. We knew it might be a little different but went with an open mind. We knew it was going to be tight and we knew no alcohol, but we did not know that there were no open fires of any kind. When we camp we take our coleman, which was ok, but we pretty much cook all our dinners on our little charcoal BBQ, no go, considered an open fire. I understand their concern should winds come up being so tight together, but there was plenty of common area and they could have designated a BBQ area with a common camp fire. My other complaint, and what I think really ruins the place are the generators. We had sat and watched a beautiful sunset and just a we figured out what we could prepare for dinner and started cooking, the neighbours started up their old noisy generator and ruined what could have been a nice evening. There are no services here and I understand the desire for generators, but I think designating a couple of times a day when they could be run would allow people to perhaps plan around it. It really does ruin what could be a great little RI treasure.
Great sunsets, very peaceful fishing, great beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank camsmom

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have been camping here for about 6 yrs. and about 4 or 5 X a season. We really do love this place, especially when we get a waterfront site on the breachway. Generators can be annoying when people take advantage, but as a coffee drinker it does come in handy in the morning. We even bought an exhaust pipe so the fumes do not bother the neighbor, as they are close. I find the people are friendly, and so are the staff (now that they're new). The waves can be very rough, but there is a salt pond you can swim in which is beautiful. You are not allowed a fire, which I miss, but now you can buy a campfire in a can. We use tiki torches. If you like the beach, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I've been camping at the Breachway for over 20 years.

With the advent of cheap generators now everyone needs to have their televsions and coffee makers on morning, noon and night.

What was once a quiet place to enjoy the beach, fishing, boating and kayaking has now become just another trailer trash hang out.

Management is useless since the father of the current useless manager pass on. There are no rules now. Have an open fire? No problem. Drinking parties after quiet time starts? No problem here. Generators running same? Hey gotta watch the game Dude...

When your three feet apart on a sand parking lot manners goes a long way. The wrong kind of camper now has over run the place. So enjoy...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
11  Thank HickoryHunkZeke
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My family and I went during the Memorial Day weekend. All Rvs need to be self contained. Walking distance to the Charlestown Beach. It was a bit cold this time of year. I would suggest visting during the summer months so you can enjoy the beach. Plenty of water to fish or quahog. There is even a salt pond that young children can swim in to avoid the waves of the ocean. There is a boat ramp to take a ride or fish off your boat in the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Citygirl1218
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2005

Stayed in a camper on the Charlestown Breachway for a weekend...it was a fun place to be...Other camper families are friendly and congenial...Great fishing off the rocks at the end of the Breachway...beach nice there also..and lots of boats to watch going through the channel....Fog can be dense at night but then again you are surrounded on three sides by water there...so it is to be expected...All in all a unique campground and will return again soon...

Stayed: July 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Charlestown Breachway Campground? Share your experiences!