“Charlestown's secret restaurant”
Review of Gentleman Farmer - CLOSED

Gentleman Farmer
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This little diner is a bit out of the way, but has great food and an unassuming atmosphere. The locals meet regularly and the wait staff is friendly and provide very good service. I've had their fried clams and sweet potato French fries, my brother had a fisherman's platter--both generous portions and excellent. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'd return often if I lived closer.

1  Thank Bob B

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Go quite often since we have a home in Charlestown. Small building ,good food ,good service . Family restaurant, nice variety of choices, Breakfast is the main feature, lunch and dinner 1 night I think. Very reasonable and children are fine.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We have been coming to the Gentleman Farmer for years for lunch, and have never had anything we didn't like. The soups are delicious, Chicken Escarole is my favorite. The portions here are generous and the grilled or fried items never greasy. Whenever available, I upgrade my fries to the sweet potato fries. Added to any of their club sandwiches and starting with a cup of soup, I always take half of a sandwich home. I'd highly recommend The Gentleman Farmer as a great place to stop for lunch if you are in the area.

1  Thank Luvamoose67
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had two meals at Gentleman Farmer--breakfast & dinner. Both were inexpensive & good to eat. We'd be glad to go there again.

Reviewed 15 January 2011

We use to go there alot for dinner, but found after the last 3 visits that it seemed to go down hill since new ownership took over. Service was always good but food seemed to decline.
We only wish that it would be like it use to be. Lots of our friends also stopped going there.