“One of the worst experiences ever,” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Europa Food Incorporated
Cuisines: Pizza, Greek
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the worst experiences ever,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Where to begin? We should've known by the parking lot on such a popular dining evening to stay away. And, to be fair, the only reason we ended up at Europa was because three other local establishments (within a 10 min drive) had 90, 45 and 30 minute waits. There was ONE other party at Europa. Yes, this should've been our first clue to how horrible it truly was.

Let's start with our server. A very attractive young lady who greeted us kindly. However, she was BUSTING out of her extremely tight and more than extremely unprofessional top. Literally, I wasn't paying for an experience at Hooters...I was at what was supposed to be a family restaurant. Her equally tight pants were so low that I had a full visual of undies. GREAT. Truly, what owner of a dining establishment thinks this is alright and appropriate???? Trashy, trashy, trashy...needless to say, I wasn't expecting much after this.

But, it gets better...none of the evening specials were ever offered to us...had no idea if there even were any but the menu did state that there were - odd. The menu itself looks OK...a bunch of offerings, perhaps a bit overwhelming. Each and EVERY seafood entree lists MARKET as a price. There's something else that isn't appropriate...it doesn't take a rockstar to figure that out. With our entrees, we found out that we received one side. OK. Did I forget to tell you how the server was unable to pronounce menu items?? Yes, and not even difficult menu items. :( Very sad. It was apparent after this that she wasn't hired for her serving or customer service skills nor her brains. I was very much embarrassed for her and tried as hard as possible to not laugh as I really did feel that bad.

Regardless, we ordered a starter, 2 cocktails and our entrees. Then, the wait. We sat in the (what reminded me of the American Legion Hall or Elks Club)...it was very cold in there...until the server returned and said, "oh, I forgET...you get to have salad bar with your food" - great! Though, had we known, we wouldn't had ordered an app. Off to the salad bar.

The moldy cauliflower, no beets, no bleu cheese dressing, no cheese, no olives, mushy tomatoes, soft cucumbers, off tasting mayo in pasta and potato salad, hard roll salad bar. It was really that bad and lost me at the mold. WHY would anyone put a salad bar out like this...is there NO pride in what you are serving to customers????? I had some lettuce (green, thankfully) and green peppers. It worked, I guess.

When our entrees arrived - yes, the starter we ordered never even came - I was perplexed. My entree was not what I had ordered although the A+ student insisted it was and repeatedly referred to the menu. I had to grab a menu to show her the error she (or the kitchen) had made. In looking at the dish, I had to ASK what it was (had no clue as to what the protein in it was) - Miss Server had to run back to the kitchen to check as a) she didn't know the word "protein" and b) she couldn't tell what the hell I was being offered to eat either. I was specific in that I wouldn't be eating it and didn't want anything else. I did enjoy my potato though. And, unbeknownst to us, in addition to the one side we were offered, we ended up receiving a vegetable as well. It wasn't edible anyway but whatever.

My spouses entree tasting like chemicals, when you could get through the far and gristle, and the fish was extremely fishy - there were also unknown chunks within the baked fish dish...again, we were probably better off not knowing what was involved in that and after only a few bites, he knew he couldn't finish. His potato was also the first to go as it was the best part of the entree...depressing.

All in all, avoid, avoid, avoid....Europa needs a MAJOR overhaul...staff, menu, food offerings AND quality. It is nearly the worst experience we have ever had in a dining establishment and should be avoided at ALL COSTS. The 90, 45 and 30 minute waits likely will be worth it....if not, there's a McDonald's a few miles down the road...and, the harsh reality is that you'll get better service AND food there.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank stormitraveler

“Diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Great value for the money.
No frills, simple place.
Large portions, soup/salad to desert.
Wife had rack of lamb- 8 chops, cooked exactly how ordered.
I had Veal George - veal & eggplant parm with peppers, meatball side.
Salad/soup included along with desert.

We will return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Douglas, MA
“Never judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I happen to know the guy (Taso) who runs this restaurant. I think if I didn't know him (and other who've eaten there) then I'd probably never stop. It is very bland from the outside. Once inside its your standard family restaurant with no frills. The menu is pretty diverse and the prices are very reasonable. Entrees come with unlimited soup and salad. Beers and spirits are cheap. Plenty of parking. Try it out if you want something different and good bang for your buck.

• Visited October 2010
northeast ct
“Cheap Eats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

This is the prototypical dive. Our kitchen is being redone and I stopped here as it was convenient. It was 7:15 on a Tues, there was no one in the dining room and (9) at the bar. I was promplty served a cocktail and ordered a cheese burger club w/ fries $5.75 and a lg meatball grinder (3.75) to go. The club was cooked medium as ordered, the bacon was crisp and the portion pentiful The fries were typical and nothing special. The meatball grinder was tasty the sauce had a nice flavor and the meatballs were not heavy with breadcrumbs. The barmaid was on the ball, The place needs some cosmetic updates but is not horrible. Total bill for the meals and (2) mixed drinks including tax $20.25. Worth every cent.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thompson, Ct.
“YUCK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Have given this restaurant many chances. Not good...no presentation. Salad bar is horrible. Same soups everyday. Ordered prime rib last time I was there and all I could taste was vinegar. Grinders and pizza are fine but stay away from the steaks. Can't say I've ever had a good meal there. Good luck getting a drink as the main bar is served before dining room customers. Too cold all year round. Will not go her anymore.

2 Thank Dvs2me