“a great place to visit on a weekend”

ShelaLara Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Coventry
Reviewed 29 July 2013

such a nice family run winery. Mom is a smart businesswoman
and the sons are a chip off the old block. The wine is really good.In fact one of my sons took our last bottle and we went back to get another to take on our anniversary trip. Thanks to the family for the nice gift. It is a very interesting two hours seeing how they started and now how they make the wine. Such a clean operation they gave you crackers and cheese and other good stuff to try and you save a lot on the purchase of the wine. If you come to Coventry or R.I. you should see this really outstanding location.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

If you want an honest review from someone who knows and loves wine, please don't waste your time with this "winery." This place sucks, and the "wines" are somehow worse than the establishment.

1  Thank me b
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have visited vineyard all over the world and upon pulling up to ShelaLara was instantly skeptical. The winery is in a steel warehouse, whereas I'm used to wineries being this vast field of grapes with gorgeous views and buildings. Despite my skepticism I figured that I was there any way so might as well give it a go and I'm happy I did!
First off the owners a fabulous they really know their trade and are willing to answer any questions both during the tour or during the tasting. That being said I believe some of the staff needs a little training on the art of wine making when one of the girls was going around pouring the wine my fiance asked her a simple question on the wine she was describing she responded with "I don't know anything about the wine I just pour it". If you are pouring something and describing it to me you should be able to answer questions about it or at the very least go get the answer and come back to me with it.
The wines are delicious, I'm someone who enjoys a fruity wine so this vineyard is right up my ally. While you're waiting for the tasting to begin they provide you with wine slush which is delicious, and during the tasting they teach you how to make "OMG Chocolate covered strawberry" which is basically a mixed drink using wine but taste so close to a real chocolate covered strawberry it's amazing. I ended up buying some to bring home and plan to return again.

1  Thank Lizzabs
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This place is so well organized, it was amazing. tables for groups or just to sit with and meet new friends!!
The tour was terrific and their frozen wine is out of this world!! try 'em all!!
You kinda say 'huh" at first site as it's in a steel warehouse type building but don't let it fool you!! Inside was the best set up we have encountered for a larger scale tasting! Don't get me wrong, the little one on one types are the best but hard to find....
The wines are wonderful and they serve food along with them!! Really well run and the staff are all just so friendly!!
Definitely a must visit for all you wine tasters !! Caution, the bathroom is next door, a short walk away!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have to say that I learned more on their tour than I did when I visited wineries in California. Their wines are amazing!!! I personally like fruity and sweet wines so this place was definitely for me! I can't wait for package stores in connecticut to start carrying their wines! Their Wine Slush is unbelievable!!! I have had other kinds of slush drinks and this by far tops them all!! All you need is the wine!! no extra water, sugar or anything!! I will be drinking Wine Slush all summer long!!!

This place is truly a hidden gem!!! It is definitely not what I expected from the outside. Don't be fooled you will miss out!!! They create a wonderful atmosphere inside, they serve you snacks to accompany your tasting and everyone is soooo friendly and helpful!!! Definitely worth it!!! IF I lived closer I would go again and bring all my friends!!!!