La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice staff. Affordable. Nice breakfast. affordable, affordable, affordable. I'm going to write a bunch of blather since I guess it needs to be longer. I hope this is long enough, because I'm sick of this survey.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank danielgZ4609FS

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My experiences with LaQuinta hotels have been mixed. At this particular location, the staff was exceptionally friendly and this always wins points with me. The hotel appeared relatively new. Unlike many hotels the eating/lobby area had more of a homey look and feel with warm inviting colors. There was a bar, a book case with actual books, and other decorative items similar to what you might have in your own home. I was scheduled to fly out the following morning and needed to print my boarding passes. Thus, I went in search of the business area or computer room worried about whether I'd be able to complete my task. I did so without a hitch. I didn't have an issue with computer speed or having to pay for printouts - both winners for me. The rooms were clean; the most important requirement for me. The only negative was that the rooms were smaller than expected. The description of the room, such as the reference to the word "suite" and that the rooms would be equipped with two different size beds led us to believe that the rooms would have some type of partition. However, it was all one area and smaller than expected. The desk was too close to the end of one of the beds, making walking between the desk chair (when occupied) and the bed, nearly impossible. However, we made it work and I would not have a problem staying at this location again.

1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Lobby and breakfast area decor a copy of other chains. Trying to be upscale for a LaQuinta. Room was relatively spacious for a king bed/suite. Lighting in bathroom excellent. Room, although clean, had a very musty/moist feel and the A/C did not match its settings. Although breakfast area was "pretty," there lacked some of the detail of other chains - fresh fruit, milk variety and hard-boiled eggs. Fitness room small - treadmill was decent, there was a stepper and a very basic weight/pulley machine. Service/personnel very friendly. Location was excellent smack in the middle of a mall and 3/10 mi. to I95.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NERoadWarrior53
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just arrived home from a pleasant day-trip to Providence, albeit abbreviated and saturated with inclement weather. The “La Quinta Inn & Suites” in Coventry, Rhode Island was very clean and comfortable.

While the free breakfast wasn’t a 4-Star experience, it was very good and generous with all the “fixins” nonetheless. The facility itself was worth the money and its location was an easy on and an easy off.

There are plenty of eateries in the immediate vicinity and surrounding townships…Heck, downtown Providence is less than 15-minutes away by car), just in case you don’t fancy the hotel’s cuisine (which I didn’t get a chance to savor, but based on everything else, I’m sure it is nothing less than stellar).

The desk attendant was just a tad too short in her responses, although she was very pleasant. She didn’t know much about Providence and when I asked for a room that didn't face the afternoon sun, she didn’t have a clue as to which way was East and which way was West.

We were told that the all the rooms were non-smoking. When we walked in, the stench of stale cigarettes permeated the entire room, but we were given another room, which smelled just fine...a great save.

If you use one of these discounted services (and there are a few), please be aware that you are given rooms that are low on the list of great rooms, and that includes the view. I don’t think that is fair, but it is the way things are done. I just want you to be aware of this little piece of info that they don’t tell you up front.

When we woke up, we found a puddle of water on the window sill that had seeped through the window track during the night, which really didn’t take away from our stay.

The jet engine-like noise that the air conditioner made blocked out the noise of the two 18-wheelers parked in front of the hotel. In all fairness, the air conditioner noise was easy to get used to so it wasn’t a real issue either.

The pool was cold, but the kids seemed to deal with it OK. The bed was great. Overall, our stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Coventry was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I would suggest that the front desk agents be equipped with a bit more “touristy” information. It would encourage Providence visitors to travel the 15-minutes distance to sleep and rest.

By the way, the woman who maintained the breakfast nook stocked with all the goodies was an absolute dear. What a great asset and a testament to excellent service. Kudos to her and the rest of the staff.

Great Job!!!

Room Tip: Our room was right in front of the elevators and we didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The customer service at this hotel was superb!! Kim, the manager, Ryan and Ellen were all very accommodating and pleasant. Rooms were clean and breakfast was better than most other Laquintas. The only reason this hotel did not receive a 5 was the a/c, it was outdated and noisy, the only con I could find. The housekeeping staff were wonderful. Indoor pool was relaxing and the kids loved it. Beds were comfortable! Would defintely stay here again when visiting RI.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I stayed there off and on for almost 3 weeks.. The hotel itself is very nice the rooms are nicely decorated and they have a decent hot breakfast. But on the downside my husband and/or myself witnessed 2 separate incidents of the asst.GM yelling and/or reprimanding an employee in front of guests and one incident of the asst GM bad mouthing another employee to another employee. It made us uncomfortable and probably anyone else that witnessed and/or overheard any of it.. think maybe this asst GM should consider a career change...

Room Tip: 3rd floor a little quieter no one above you..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bellagrace5671
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at La Quinta mainly because the place we normally stay was sold out. After a bad experience at a La Quinta in Radford, VA my expectations were low. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the linens were fresh, the bathroom was well stocked (with the exception of bath towels) and the beds were comfortable.
We only had to ask for extra towels once, after the first day they consistently put extra in the bathroom each day. Housekeeping was normally done with the room by 4 pm. The one drawback is that the toilet flushes VERY LOUD. Think airplane FAWOOOOOOSH. Not easy to sleep through if a room mate has to go.
The available breakfast was about what one would expect. The eggs were hot though, and the waffle machine was going nonstop. They have yogurt, a little bit of fresh fruit, sausage, cereals and milk. There are the requisite muffins and bread and danishes. The coffee is ok. The attendant had a difficult time keeping up with making sure the little creamer cups were filled and the plastic utensils.
All in all, a good place for a reasonable price. Just don't mention that you like George Bush when watching TV in the lobby during breakfast- you will get some pretty evil eyes!!! LOL

1  Thank mabnicky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Residence Inn Providence Coventry
NYLO Providence/Warwick
TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence? Share your experiences!