“NIce Local Place”

Add it.
Cafe Luna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quiet bistro type with excellent food & service. Nice people with caring manner. Wi-Fi. Other reviews:http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/cafe-luna-cranston-fusioneclectic-restaurant-rid=374941?&prti=4252&raid=5180&s_kwcid=tc%7c16271%7ccafe%20luna%20cranston%7c%7cs%7cb%7c6985891134&mkwid=sirmk0bf4&pcrid=6985891134
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Started as a carry-out, but is so good it is now also sit-down. Limited menu but decent quality yet informal. Certainly nicer than places like TGIF or Applebees, and with a good local atmosphere. Convenient if you're shopping or just dropping by.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Great place to stop while shopping. Open for lunch and dinner. Outside seating in the summer. Often have wine special nights.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

My wife and I visited this small place not that long ago, and I could've sworn I'd written a review here, but I can't find it. I remember thinking it was pretty decent, although my wife didn't like it as much as I did. This second trip, however, left no doubts for either of us.

We started with a butternut squash risotto which was delicious. Athough maybe a bit overpriced at $10.50, the quality made it hard to complain, as it was perfectly executed and very tasty.

For my meal, I got the appetizer mussels ($11) in a curry sauce. I asked the waiter how many mussels I'd get; he said, "Around a dozen." He was mistaken. It was more like TWO dozen, if not more! The sauce was so good I used the serving spoon to eat it all.

My wife got the Pasta Cardinal ($18), which was penne with chicken in a vodka sauce. It was delicious, and the portion was huge.

The ambience of this tiny place is very nice, especially at this Christmas time of year.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Came here with a groupon without very high expectations. Was I wrong. Starting with the waitress who was warm, friendly,skilled, and knowledgeable words that one has a hard time using for most restaurant wait staff these days. The antipasto was a complete surprise. Not the usual italian cheese, peperoni, hot peppers, canned artichokes etc. that one finds virtually everywhere. This presentation included: brocolli rabe, whole marinated mushrooms, chick pea salad, bruschetta, prosciutto, olives, and frittata all made fresh in the kitchen by an obviously skilled and motivated staff. The entrees of chicken Francese and roasted half chicken were both excellent. I would recommend accepting the waitress's offer of serving the garlic sauce for the roast chicken on the side. Again the attention to detail not often found in restaurants these days:
the roasted potatoes were cross-stacked like logs and the roast chicken was partially de-boned.
The old-fashioned strawberry shortcake was delicious, a very large tender biscuit served lightly warmed with fresh berries and real hand whipped heavy cream large enough for two.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Can't speak to the dinner menu, but for lunch, this little restaurant was very good! Unassuming but clean and upbeat atmosphere. Friendly and prompt service, and the food we ordered was top notch. We can only speak for the angus burgers and caesar salad, with coffee and choc. chip cookies. Everything was prepared promptly, as ordered (one burger rare and one medium rare). Not a five-star restaurant (they don't claim to be), but great for a little eatery. No complaints at all.