“Good savory and sweet crepes-zen atmosphere”
Review of The Elephant Room

The Elephant Room
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Cranston
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Lovely setting, very zen.

We sat on the lower level, never going upstairs, so never saw the special listed there.
Based on the other Yelp reviews, I knew to ask for them as she never offered the specials.

Our server was pleasant, but VERY slow. I know its a teahouse but I don't want to wait 10 minutes for a server when we are the only people in the lower level and the few other people upstairs were on their computers drinking tea.

I had the turkey crepe which was good, I didn't love the selection of savory crepes- especially as there was no seafood one- and those are my favorite. The crepes are a bit thick, but we all have our favorite style of crepe. The salad that came with it was really good- fresh with a wonderful vinaigrette.

We were too full to try the sweet crepes, but I would definitely go back to try those. We saw a few come out and they looked wonderful. It's hard to have 2 crepes in one setting, so it seems people come in for either. Selection of teas is great (I'm not a tea drinker, so can't really comment other than there were lots to choose from )

So I will definitely come back. They just need to get a server that can handle more than one table at a time.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I brought my native Dominican husband here who is not a restaurant fan in general. His quotes were "bueno cafe!" Which is huge considering his affection for his own cofffee and he really enjoyed his egg/prosciutto crepe. We had ordered the dark brew French press which was some of the best coffee I ever tasted. And I had the blueberry crepe which sounded pretty basic but tasted altogether gpurmet! It had some lime juice sauce thing going on atop of the crepe which was a surprise taste for me and I can't wait to go back for more! I'll probably be there tomorrow in fact! And the atmosphere is very Zen-like which I hope they will be able to maintain when the eventual rush of patrons arrives!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

The food is amazing and the Tea is also really good!!!! I cant wait to go back and order their Crepes again and again and again!! ;-)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

At first look, you think it is just a coffee/tea house but it is FAR more than that! If you love crepes of all kinds, then you will LOVE this warm and easy going place. They have fabulous teas, a super variety which are beautifully served with little timers for you to keep track of your brewing. We had no idea from the menu that this place is a creperie but it is. They are also vegan and vegetarian friendly. If you are a vegan, you have to ask, and they will make you an eggless, milkless crepe! We had a prosciutto crepe and a turkey crepe... neither were boring and you get 2 large crepes, which were very tasty, filling, and satisfying. It has al fresco dining too for the nice days. They haven't been opened very long, the decor is fresh, clean, and calming. Give them a chance, you will be pleasantly surprised and I promise you will want to go back.

2  Thank lbruna
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time on Saturday night. The staff is super friendly and the tea selection is beyond extensive. Now to the crepes - delicious! I had the chocolate rum ganache with raspberry - YUM! The place has a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere. It's a great place to meet up with friends kick back and relax. Check it out!

1  Thank ALP1309