“Great service, but the music stinks and is too loud”
Review of Bonefish Grill - CLOSED

Bonefish Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rhode Island
“Great service, but the music stinks and is too loud”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The food here is fine. Fish is always good and the bang bang shrimp is a crowd pleaser. The menu is outshown by the service and the surprising individual attention given by the staff and management for a chain restaurant. Overall I am sad to say that the experience is dampened by the very poor, too loud music (and I use the term 'music' loosely). It's like the music they play in cheesy mall stores like Forever 21. It just doesn't fit the setting or the mood and quite frankly, it cheapens the whole dining experience and makes it border on unpleasant 20 minutes into the meal. As much as I like the staff and am pretty happy with the food, I won't be rushing back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank vespuch

Exeter, Rhode Island
“Happy to have new Bonefish!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We tried this new Bonefish Last night. The restaurant has only been open for a few weeks but it seems that it's rising in popularity. It wasn't too busy in the main dining area when we arrived but the space filled up very quickly.

The location is great, in amongst shops right next to the Chapel Grill, just across from Garden City.There's plenty of free parking. The space is new and it is very open inside with great views of the city in the distance. There are quite a few booths, some regular tables and some windowside tables that have the best view. It looks like they will have some seating outside on a small terrace area which will be great on a nice summer evening.
The bar is pretty big with two large TVs and lots of tables and high chairs as well. It was doing a brisk business when we arrived.
The focus is on service and it was great. Our server was very thorough and explained all of the dishes to us. We had Bang Bang Shrimp for an app and it was great.
Hubby was happy to get his martini with a blue cheese stuffed olive. I had sangria which I didn't like.......it was too boozy ( I like it sweeter) ....switched it for zinfandel and I was fine. We both had the caesar salad which was very tasty and huge...I couldn't finish it all but I will certainly get it again there!
I had Kung Pao shrimp for an entree and it was excellent ....the shrimp was nice and crispy. It was a bit spicy but I like that. Hubby had monkfish (they called it wolffish) and he liked it. I thought it was a bit strong and I always find that a turnoff.

Prices were great .......our tab was 78.00 for 2 people/3 drinks and an app...pretty good!

• Visited February 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great Meeting Place”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Although open only a few weeks, I went for dinner with my family and drinks with business colleagues five times. Each time the service was great - skiddish the first day but it evolved well. Te food was better han expected - not great cusine but better than most. Prices were fair, cocktails were terrific. I can see that the bar area - suitable for drinks and dinner - will quickly become a place to meet. Cogratulations to Bryan and his staff on a smooth opening.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael V
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Welcome to RI”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I ate here on the 5th day after opening and were expecting a few problems but were pleasantly surprised. Overall the food was reasonably priced and the atmosphere was great with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Garden City. We started off with the signature Bang Bang Shrimp and loved it. Not spicy like we expected which was a good thing. Entree of haddock was fantastic, the Caesar salad great and the chocolate creme brûlée also great. The only two issues we had were that the front desk could not find our reservation which didn't matter because it wasn't full and they seated us immediately and the second issue was my cod dish which was stuffed with crab, shrimp and scallops. It was over cooked. The manager Kathy did come over to all the tables and wanted a critique so I did mention it. She was apologetic. The servers were training under an experienced staff member so the service was impeccable. We are happy Bonefish is in RI now and think it will be the place to see and be seen. Loved it.

2 Thank sylviafly