“Disappointing Meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and have been pleased. However, we noted some changes when we recently dined there. The portions that they served were small. This was in contrast to our previous visits. The service was inattentive and disinterested. This was particularly troublesome as we brought out of town guests to this restaurant and we were disappointed. This is a shame as this is a beautiful restaurant with a classy ambience to it.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This restaurant is beautiful. It has a high end feel, without the high end price. The seafood is phenomenal. Great service. One of my favorite places to eat on our trip to Providence.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am a native Rhode Islander and I have to say that the New England clam chowder was probably the best that I have ever had. The calamari appetizer was coated with an overly crusty coating and the calamari was lost in it - it was 90% tentacles with just a few rings. This is RI - the US home of calamari - and Bonefish needs to adapt to local tastes. The coconut shrimp was also fried way too hard and totally lost in the sauce.
We have eaten in another Bonefish and found everything superb - this one needs some work - including on the prices of its wines and mixed drinks.
The chain was originally owned by the two chefs that started it, but it is now part of Bloomin' Onion, part of the same group that runs Outback, Flemings, etc., and it looks like the original identity may have been lost in the otherwjse very good corporate food culture.
Hopefully that may change, but in the meantime RI has no shortage of first class seafood restaurants.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I need to tell you that I truly love eating at Bonefish grill. Just not this one! In the last few months since it opened I feel it has gone downhill. The portions seem to be smaller and the care in presenting the meals seems to have lapsed.
We visited with a large group and did not enjoy our meal. The lighting seemed to be set so low that people have to use the flashlights on their phones to read the menu! Perhaps this also to hide the smaller portions!
This was a poor experience and I hope they can turn this place around. It has a great location and has the potential to do well.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The food was very good, atmosphere nice, service terrific, bar area very comfortable. I was with a co-worker , we went for a drink after work and ended up staying for dinner. We had a great time at the bar. The bartenders were professional and friendly. The drinks were great . We ended up eating at the bar and the food was delicious and served hot. It is a place to dine when in the Cranston area. Across from Garden City.