“Okay for the money”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was taken to this restaurant by my wife. First thing I noticed was all the employees moving around. There was at least a three to one ratio of employees to diners. I would not even attempt to try and eat here in the evening or during the weekend. The prices were average and the portions on some meals were big. Because of the small/tight size of the establishment I personally would only try lunch the next time. As far as someone mentioning the salads, that would be the last thing I would order here. It was basically lettuce out of a bag.

6  Thank cardinal

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great place to enjoy bottomless salad and bread dipped in olive oil with roasted garlic. The entrees are so delicious and bountiful, you will be able enjoy your meal again the next day because you will not be able to eat it all in one sitting!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I absolutely love Marchetti's! Not only is the food out of this world, but the portion sizes will feed 2-3 people. You certainly get your monies worth. If you like calamari, I would recommend ordering the Calamari Siciliano.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Marchetti's is a great local Italian restaurant in my area. You may have to wait to get in on the weekends or make sure that you have a reservation. It has now added outside seating,like many restaurants, and weather permitting is a nice way to enjoy a meal.

The food is your typical Italian fare and it is very good and plentiful. The service is friendly and fast and since many families have been coming there for years it is like a family atmosphere for many people.

The house salad is one of the best things about Marchetti's. It is super! Everyone loves it and you could make a meal with just his alone.

We recently had their prime rib and pasta. The prime rib was so very big, we took more home than we ate. It was cooked just right and was tasty. the marinara sauce that they use for their pasta is seasoned just right
i.
You can't go wrong if you go their for a nght out or for a special occasion

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Whenever my son would come back from visiting with his father he would always tell me about the wonderful meal he had at Marchetti's. It has taken me years to get to Cranston, RI from Florida and just last week I had my first taste.....

Whatever else is going on at Marchetti's - whether it be the portraits on the wall of Dean Martin, Pacino, Stallone, and the rest of the Hollywood glitterati or the tribute to Elvis as you first walk in, the star of the show is the food and the "abbondanza" portions.

We began our meal with a house specialty - Calamari alla Mamma. Bite sized rings of squid were lightly battered, perfectly fried and served with hot peppers in a wonderful creamy brown sauce that was unlike anything I have ever had before. The combination of flavors is the definition of Instant Gratification. I know this is an appetizer but it's the kind of dish that should be an entrée and come with extra sauce on the side and a loaf of Italian bread for dipping. Seriously - it was that good!

My son had his standard dish of Chicken Milanese. Now, there are endless ways to make this dish and everyone seems to have their own take on just what constitutes Milanese. Marchetti style is my new favorite. A combination of cheeses served as a blanket over tender juicy chicken. (I must have looked pretty pathetic because I got a taste.) You know when you take a bite of something and it tastes so good that you can't help but smile and chew at the same time? That's what this dish is.

I had Pasta di Vinci - Rotini pasta in a light and creamy garlic Alfredo Sauce with chicken, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and spinach. Everything cooked to perfection. Each ingredient a delight on its own and a food symphony when taken all together. It was Grandma's house and childhood memories done right.

And because it was my first time here we shared a side of meatballs. As an Unapologetic Meatball Snob I would like to take this opportunity to thank Marchetti's for putting meat in the meatballs (easy on the bread crumbs), along with just enough garlic.

And even though we were stuffed and could barely move - we went ahead and shared Molten Lava Cake which was just wicked awesome!

As I said, it has taken me years to get to Marchetti's and this was my first taste......it will not be my last.

Ciao bella!