“Try Mike's Kitchen for "Chicken a la Mike", totally awesome!”
Review of Mike's Kitchen

Mike's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 287 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Last evening we visited Mike's kitchen for dinner. I usually have rabies with cannolini beans and chicken, but wanted to try something new. "Chicken a la Mike" was my choice and it was delicious, every single bite!, Actually so plentiful, I brought half home. My husband had his favorite, veal and peas. Totally awesome experience.

There are newer reviews for Mike's Kitchen

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Mike's Kitchen is a converted VFW hall, complete with banners saluting each branch of the miliatry and no frills tables and chairs. The people watching is my 2nd favorite thing to do here. Walking into eat here reminds me of going to the neighborhood bingo hall with my grandmother 20 years ago. Perhaps its the nostalgia, but I love the atmosphere. I also LOVE the food. The gnocchi sorrentino? Amazing. The chicken parmesan dinner could feed you for 3 days and is only $12.95. Two quick tips: They do things the old school way- you order and pay for your drinks from a different server than your food server. Also, this is a cash only place, so leave the plastic at home. The sauce, the portions, the price? How could you go wrong?

2  Thank Calijcab23
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have been eating at Mikes kitchen aka "the post" for 24 years (since I was 3). I was born and raised in RI so I know a thing or two about good Italian food. If you are looking for fancy small portions of high-end overpriced Italian food- Go to federal hill. If you are looking for quality and simple Italian family style cuisine GO TO MIKE'S! Out of the 24 years I've been coming here, I've never EVER had a bad meal. The consistency is so good its a guarantee to get a good meal here. I even came here with my late mother for my "last meal" before I gave birth to my son. The waitresses are miserable and not outgoing by any means but they do their job so I could care less. I know some people rate their experiences based on the service but the food is so good I don't even care. We live 5 mins up the street so we come here quite often and will ALWAYS come here as long as they are open. Whenever I talk to someone from out of town who wants to have Italian food when they visit RI, I tell them go to Mike's Kitchen! My favorite part of this place is the Gravy- It's spot on in my book!

2  Thank ll1763
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My best friend showed me this place. I was told it's a spot for local Italians. Authentic Italian food. I even tried snails for the first time in my life. It was pretty good. Great food. Friendly environment. Of course my best friend made fun of me because everyone else is Italians and I was the only Asian in the restaurant. ;-)

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The first time I ever heard of "calamari" was at St. Mary's Della Civita --a little parish kitchen in a heavily populated Italian area. The food was so good--the volunteer chef (Mike) was able to parlay it into a million dollar business run out of a local veterans hall. Haven't been there in years.
Today was such a disappointment. Snail salad (canned snails) was terrible--swimming in an inferior olive oil (not sure it was olive oil.) I ordered the special --"Octopus in garlic aioli." Horrible. A dish of oil and grease --at least a cup or more! I went into the kitchen to talk to the cook I was so mad. Not one of the personnel appeared to speak English. (Habla Espaniol?) I saw Mike--approached him and let him know how inferior his food had become. He never even batted an eye. The law of entropy...eventually everything turns to crap.

1  Thank DAVIDE777