“can't miss Cranston classic!!”
Review of Mike's Kitchen

Mike's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 282 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Cranston, Rhode Island
“can't miss Cranston classic!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've dined here MANY times in the years I have lived in Cranston.. It's quirky little hole in the wall style does no justice to the fabulous food served here. No matter what time of day, lunch or dinner, date-night or family night.. you'll never get a bad meal here. Italian and seafood.. YUM!!
Large portions, always enough to take some home!

• Visited February 2014

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Mike's Kitchen - classic Cranston dining”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Mike's kitchen is a classic Cranston eatery with a reputation that goes well beyond Rhode Island. It was originally recommended to me by a chef at one of RIs high end eateries. He knew I lived in Cranston and told me I had to eat at this place. I went there with my family - we were seated by the maitre d' - an older gentleman wearing a NY Giants hoodie. We sat down to eat on a table with a plastic tablecloth under bright fluorescent lights. We purchased our drinks at the bar (run by the VFW, not by Mike's Kitchen) and drank out of wax Pepsi cups. Our waitress was business-like in her approach - not one who had a lot of time to waste. The place was packed full of elder Cranston types and what looked like a few tables that had come from far away to try the place. We ordered from the long special menu which was on a whiteboard - there were various sole dishes, swordfish, haddock, whiting salad, octopus salad, a number of calamari dishes - fried, marinated or stuffed as well as pork chicken and meat. We ended up having two calamari dishes, tried the octopus salad, and a sole francaise. The kids had spaghetti and meatballs. It was great. the funky atmosphere was wonderful and so was the food. I highly recommend this place - just know what to expect in ambiance. This place is about good food. If you have something to say about out it you will be able to reach Mike himself as he seems to always be in the dining room talking to customers.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Chris L
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The veal parm. is absolutely awesome!!! Even the tomato sause was excellent. We were told that a chef that works on atwell's ave. in Providence goes here! Now I know why!

Visited June 2013
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Double WOW”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Have been to Mike's several times and always enjoyed the food but always ate the same thing.....polenta with a meatball and sausage. Visited today with my wife and had the Friday calamari, veal and peas and Mike's chicken. All were fantastic with enough to bring home for dinner. To extend the experience, I brought home a quart of their home made gravy (tomato sauce). As full as I was I ate a few spoonfuls of gravy when I got home. Fantastic. I could make a meal out of the gravy and some nice, crunchy Italian bread. Don't be put off by the atmosphere if it's your first visit. Sit, relax and enjoy the best Italian restaurant in RI.....and that's saying something.

Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try Mike's Kitchen for "Chicken a la Mike", totally awesome!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Last evening we visited Mike's kitchen for dinner. I usually have rabies with cannolini beans and chicken, but wanted to try something new. "Chicken a la Mike" was my choice and it was delicious, every single bite!, Actually so plentiful, I brought half home. My husband had his favorite, veal and peas. Totally awesome experience.

• Visited September 2013