“great spot for good italian food”
Review of Mike's Kitchen

Mike's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you're looking for good Italian food this is the best I've found . It's the only place I've been able to order stuffed squid . That's OK , if you don't like squid there are plenty of good dishes to choose from . I don't think you'll bevdisappointed at Mike's .

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My office ordered two steak subs (only come in one size) a side of polenta and one individual meatball side. The polenta was very good. Meatball was okay (mine are better and I'm not Italian.
The subs, just regular subs with some fat and gristle not cut off, we average. The bill $36.00.
WOW~~YIKES...Can that be right? Last order we will place there.

2  Thank MommioG
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is one of the best restaurants for homemade Italian cuisine in the state... you cannot beat the portions or the price. What it lacks in ambiance is more than made up for with generous portions of excellent Italian-American fare that would impress even the most critical Nonna. Try a stuffed artichoke while you're there, and polenta, and any entree you order is going to be the best. I highly recommend this Kitchen!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Mike's is as simple as it gets - not the least bit fancy. You're greeted by a "Don't Sit at Dirty Tables" sign and lots of conversational noise. You get two servers - one for food and the other for beverages and cocktails. The selection is rather extensive for a relatively small place - a current VFW Post. The meals are large, hot and terrific. I have been there for both lunch and dinner about 50 times and never have I not seen people I know. It's that kind of place - familiar, delicious and very inexpensive - what better combination? I highly recommend Mike's for the food, comfortable atmosphere and extremely high value.

1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed 16 May 2014

No atmosphere, waitresses that look like they want to go home, a separate drink waitress who you pay as you go and great food at a great price. Fish, pasta, soups. It's all good. And my dad says they have some of the best tripe in Rhode Island.