“Decent food”

Ranked #9 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went there on Oct 4 2013 from another person who ate there. I had the fried clams which was OK. Not great like the north shore Mass clams. My lady freind had the veal parm which she loved. For apps she that the 3 crab cakes.. not like the Maryland crabs but good. I had the fried ravolis were were OK. We shared the yogurt ice cream pie. It was great and a hug portion.Way more that the 2 of us could handle.

1  Thank ed s

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I visited Twin Oaks for the first time the other day and was neither impressed or disappointed. It was average. Everyone says its the one of the best restaurants in cranston, but i have to disagree. the food is mediocre, nothing to special. I will say that Twin Oaks is great for a family dinner, but if you are looking for fancy and upscale, I do not recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere is kind of boring and it is very dark, the lights are never turned up all the way at night. The menu is very extensive, offering something for everyone, but the food is just okay. I ordered the hamburger and wasn't very impressed, it was no where near special. The pricing is decent, considering that the portions are gigantic(I recommend sharing a dish with someone). The service is fantastic, which makes the meal very enjoyable. Some people will wait TWO HOURS to be seated. If the wait is that long, its not worth it. By far, my favorite part of the meal was my salad. Why? Because the Twin Oaks house dressing is legendary. It is not your ordinary dressing. If you go, the salad is a must have. Over all, Twin Oaks is an average American-Italian restaurant worth only three stars

11  Thank Kidcritic C
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a nice family dining experience on a Sunday evening with grandparents and children. The extensive menu made it easy for everyone to find something to order. Everyone enjoyed the salads and snail salad. The salads are the old fashioned type - iceberg lettuce, a tomato wedge, one olive - served with their house dressing (a creamy Italian style), large and fresh.

The meals are generous sized servings, served with sides (choice of various potatoes and vegetables). Italian dishes are served with pasta, but substitutions are not a problem. Our server, Joe, was professional and accommodating. He was happy to make recommendations for those who were undecided. The meats were perfectly cooked (prime rib, lamb chops, pork chops), charred on the outside, yet juicy on the inside. The Italian dishes are served with an "old school" sauce that is very child friendly. The moist carrot cake and sundaes were huge and were shared (and enjoyed) by the family.

The prices are as expected for a family restaurant. The meat prices are higher than the other dishes, but a good value for the quality. Our server was excellent, but the busboys seemed to need more training, yet it did not affect the experience. We sat at a corner table by the water which gave us a beautiful view to enjoy.

We would return for a family dining experience.

1  Thank Kris91
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The only place that has it all. The food and service is the same everytime. The Best Shrimp cocktail you will find. Worth the wait. I have been going there for 20 years. Nobody can touch the place.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

For my son's wedding, family from across the country gathered in RI. We had dinner in a private area and because our group included children, the room and food were perfect. We had a choice of entrees so even the vegetarians were content. Our waiter, Anthony (and his assistant) attended to our needs and because we wanted to relax and visit, we didn't notice how much time had passed. We had a great time and I'd recommend Twin Oaks for any future family get together.