“Old Reliable”

Ranked #9 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A Rhode Island institution. Has been here as long as I can remember and with good reason. Consistently well prepared food, generous portions, good bar, friendly professional service at more than reasonable prices. You can get anything from a BLT to a baked stuffed lobster. You really can't say you've been to Rhode Island, if you haven't dined at Twin Oakes

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times throughout the years, as a small child and still now as an adult. It’s about a 30 minute drive for me, but they have the most amazing baked stuffed shrimp. Though I have tried other food there, I can never bring myself to order anything other than the shrimp, with a baked potato and a salad. I can say this is one of my favorite restaurants and meals. The service is great, and they have a great outside seating area for the warmer months.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've been to this restaurant quite a few times and never had a meal that I wasn't Happy with. I usually order the 20 ounce black angus/white face Hereford steak medium and it always is cooked just the way I like it. If you want desert I would suggest the strawberry shortcake.
Whatever you order, be it seafood or steak I am sure you won't be disappointed.
The best time to go is between 3 and 4 in the afternoon as they don't take reservations.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Will you find a more perfect restaurant. My most favorite! The baked stuffed shrimp is like no other. The veal parm is crispy with a most wonderful gravy. I have had many things on the menu and NEVER a bad meal or service. This restaurant is a must!!! You will not be disappointed. :)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Awesome lunch yesterday at this great restaurant. Food never let's you down! I opted for lobster salad which is pricey but totally worth what it cost.....fresh, plentiful, enough for three people! There are so many great offerings at fair prices, you will be pleased.r