“Great find for lunch”

Ranked #33 of 282 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Campanella family takes great pride in preparing the freshest homemade pizzas, pastas, calzones, salads, and so much more! The family starts each morning making their white, whole wheat, and mutigrain dough which is what makes their gourmet pizzas, calzones, heavenly breads, and rolls. As soon as you enter their comfortable neighborhood restaurant, you will be tempted by the delicious aroma from the family's homemade tomato sauce simmering on the stove, the veal and eggplant frying, and the perfectly seasoned chicken breasts being baked.
Millville, Massachusetts
“Great find for lunch”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I went to Campanellas the other day for lunch as my wife and I were in the area and wanted to try someplace new to us. Well we were very happy with our meal as we shared a sausage and rabe sub and lasagna, both were delicious. Our waitress Kerri was very nice and helpful. The prices were reasonable and comparable to other Italian places for lunch in the area.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Andrew B

Cranston
“The Best Pizza”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We Always use the TO-GO service and the PIZZA is the BEST!!! The whole wheat crust is my favorite. I have had both regular and thin crust. They are both equally delicious. Highly recommend. Never sat inside, but it is average looking. They are always packed with people.

• Visited February 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Italian food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

On the night we visited Campanella's we had a very good experience. The server was friendly and efficient. The food, pasta and calzones were as good as I've had there in the past. Especially the sauce, which can make or break a pasta dish. Actually I had the cheese ravioli and I had more than i expected, but I did finish it. The calzones were full and not over cooked. Hate burnt bread. Both served with a starter salad. Prices are reasonable and for the portions received, fairly priced. Food served quickly and the interior is pleasant. The bar area is large, and you can eat in this area, or the large dining room. Full selection of both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Would recommend it for good Italian food at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank bob2bkk
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Trending Down”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We have been going to Campanella's for years as it has always been a good place to get a quick Italian dinner. However it seems that the quality of food is trending downwards. The veal parm was extremely overcooked and had more cheese on it then meat. On top of that, you only get a small piece of veal and place it on a pound of pasta. The pasta with sausage and meatballs was the same way. Tons of pasta but only two small meatballs and a sausage.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank gansett21
“Not as good as it seems”
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I have been to Campanella's many times and like it less and less every time. Many things go wrong. It's not just one time though, it's constant. I feel that many people think its amazing and give others the wrong impression.
The Atmosphere: This restaurant gives me the impression of being very dirty. It is kind of boring. There are tables, booths and a shabby bar. Some walls have beautiful paintings on them, but that's really it. It's a very practical American-Italian pizza place. I would give the atmosphere a two out of five.
The Service: The servers are very nice, but they always take forever to deliver your food or bill. It seems like they don't care but are nice about it. I would give the servers a two out of five
The Food: Personally, nothing appeals to me on their menu. But when I do order, it's OK, but not at all perfect. The only really good thing is their salad. But the portion is ridiculously small for its price. I would give the food a two out of five.
In conclusion, I would not recommend Campanella's to anyone, but if you want American-Italian on Oaklawn Avenue, I recommend "Tommy's Too"

Visited April 2013