“Carb's galore”

Ranked #31 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Campanella family takes great pride in preparing the freshest homemade pizzas, pastas, calzones, salads, and so much more! The family starts each morning making their white, whole wheat, and mutigrain dough which is what makes their gourmet pizzas, calzones, heavenly breads, and rolls. As soon as you enter their comfortable neighborhood restaurant, you will be tempted by the delicious aroma from the family's homemade tomato sauce simmering on the stove, the veal and eggplant frying, and the perfectly seasoned chicken breasts being baked.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have to admit that the food and service here is very good with reasonable prices. My problem with this place is the menu choices. Pizza, Calzones, Grinders, and Pasta are the main fare and all are excellent. But - If you want a nice dinner without the carbs the best you can do is a side order of meatballs or sausage. I often order fish when I am out for dinner and this is not a good place if you want fish, steak, etc.
This resaturant is fairly large with decent parking and good service. So if you want to bulk up on carbs, this is a good choice.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love all the calzones! But the Stuffed Greek is do die for! It is a multigrain, spinich calzone that comes out of the oven, opened and stuffed with a greek salad!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I went to Campanellas the other day for lunch as my wife and I were in the area and wanted to try someplace new to us. Well we were very happy with our meal as we shared a sausage and rabe sub and lasagna, both were delicious. Our waitress Kerri was very nice and helpful. The prices were reasonable and comparable to other Italian places for lunch in the area.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We Always use the TO-GO service and the PIZZA is the BEST!!! The whole wheat crust is my favorite. I have had both regular and thin crust. They are both equally delicious. Highly recommend. Never sat inside, but it is average looking. They are always packed with people.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

On the night we visited Campanella's we had a very good experience. The server was friendly and efficient. The food, pasta and calzones were as good as I've had there in the past. Especially the sauce, which can make or break a pasta dish. Actually I had the cheese ravioli and I had more than i expected, but I did finish it. The calzones were full and not over cooked. Hate burnt bread. Both served with a starter salad. Prices are reasonable and for the portions received, fairly priced. Food served quickly and the interior is pleasant. The bar area is large, and you can eat in this area, or the large dining room. Full selection of both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Would recommend it for good Italian food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank bob2bkk