“Definition of Superb”

Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definition of Superb”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If I could only truly find the words to completely describe each experience I have encountered at this restaurant. To sum up my numerous trips to Spain I would describe it as 5 star service with 5 star quality. From napkins being placed on your lap, to as soon as your sangria goes down one inch a waiter comes over to refill your drink (with your pitcher), to food that has a taste that transforms you to Barcelona itself. Recommended to every person whom encounters Rhode Island. GO!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ilana2323

Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
“Always excellent”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been to Spain restaurant in Cranston many times over the years and the food is consistently excellent. It is a destination kind of restaurant that whenever company is in town, a must place to have dinner.

I have been there for a large business dinner as well. The service staff are knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tom N
Providence, Rhode Island
“best ever”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

my husband and i went to our favorite restaurant last saturday and as usual the food and atmosphere andservice was great. my husband had the special for the night a 2'12 lb baked stufffed lobster with shrimp and scallops and hardly any bread . with asparagus as a side and mashed potatoes. at a price u couldnt beleive .29,95.he said it was the best he has had . as usual the owner was walking around making sure all his diners were happy with the food,their waiter and just service i ngeneral. i had salmon for 20.95 that was cooked to perfction with glazed carrots and rice. we split the caramel apple bread which was delicious. once again SPAIN comes thru as a beautiful dining experience thanks to felix and terry the owners and their staff.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jan489
East Providence, Rhode Island
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed upon arrival to the restaurant was the lack of handicapped parking in the lot and no ramp to the front entrance. After walking into the building, we were told our party (a family event for approximate 40 people) was upstairs - no elevator!
In addition, there was a lack of high chairs. The couple at our table fed their baby sitting on their laps, taking turns so they could eat their own meals.

The shrimp empanadas were tasty, but the stuffed mushroom appetizers were oily and the fried calamari tasted of flour and breaking. I was disappointed. My entree, Pasta Spain, was described as having grilled chicken, shrimp, and scallops. The sauce was light. My bowl had pasta that was stuck together and no scallops.

I had read reviews about the quality of the food, which to me was just okay. I was more disappointed in the lack of handicapped accessibility and high chairs!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank 6Maggie3
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We visited on a busy Friday night and were told there was 45 minute wait for a table. We visited the bar and had a pitcher of Sangria which was very good, However when we tried to order appetizers we were told that if we are waiting for a table we couldn't order apps. because they were afraid our table would be ready before the apps.??(so bring them to the table) We'll our table was ready is like 20 minutes and we were promptly seated. The service was a little slow and our waiter was seemed rushed and didn't spend much time on the specials or explaining anything on the menu. We had to ask for our waiter to order apps, then again we couldn't find him when we were ready to order our dinners. But the food was incredible, the portions were large and nicely prepared and served, All in all the atmosphere was fun and we truly loved our time in Spain. We hope to have a more attentive waiter when we return.

Visited July 2013