“great food, better service”

Basta Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basta Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 286 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When “Basta Restaurant and Gourmet Shop” opened its doors in 1989, the goal was ambitious: To create a combination of food, service and atmosphere that struck the perfect balance of what a complete, authentic Italian dining experience should be.Over these past 23 years, locals have become regulars and traveling foodies have raved. What can we say? We are flattered, grateful and more than ever, determined to exceed your expectations. For this reason, in 2012 we underwent a comprehensive renovation, updating and upgrading every facet of our restaurant, from design and equipment to menu and energy. We are so proud of the result and we know you are going to love it.We invite you to join us to experience Basta for yourself. Our locally sourced, internationally influenced menu, artisan Neapolitan pizzas and robust wine offering will combine to create an unforgettable experience for you and your friends or family.We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 21 October 2007

The Stella De Mare(stuffed veal chop w/ lobster butter cream) is the best meal I have ever had, by far. The drinks were excellently prepared and reasonable priced for the fine dining establishment it is, and what topped it all was the service, our waiter John, was quick, witty and made the experience one we will remember for a long time. I recommend Basta and give it a two thumbs up.

2  Thank foodislife

Reviewed 22 April 2007

Our experience here was not great. Overall we found the food to be mediocre and overpriced. I think we expected a better buy outside of downtown Providence. There are much better choices for your money in the area. We don't plan to go back.

4  Thank NinkyCranston
Reviewed 30 April 2006

Better than Boston's North End and head and shoulders above commercialized Federal Hill and the price is better. We have eaten there ever since we were recommended by the Edgewood Manor, which is quite outstanding ,I might add. Whenever we stay at the Edgewood Manor we eat at Basta. Great location and delicious food. We can't wait to return.

5  Thank Geeter
Reviewed 20 April 2006

I had my bridal shower at Basta in February. For lunch we had the roasted chicken. It was the best i've had anywhere! So flavorful, tender and jucey. The skin was crispy and seasoned just right. The meat fell off the bone. The roasted potatos we also very delicious. I'd recomend this restaurant to anyone with a love for chicken. Also for small parties this plasce is great. They allowed us to bring our own desserts. A+++++

5  Thank littlemeshe
Reviewed 2 September 2005

We had the chilean sea bass and veal parmesan The best I have ever had really and I have eaten at italian restaurants all over the world. The ambiance is great and the proximity to everything is wonderful. We shall be back.

8  Thank TravelDavid