“Good, but still needs to settle in”
Review of Bistro 22

Bistro 22
Ranked #7 of 289 Restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I recently went to Bistro 22 with a friend, and it was not a disappointment. I will say, however, that it still has a very "new" feel to it as if the kitchen hasn't quite gotten its act together. I had the watermelon/crumbled feta/baby spinach with lemon poppy seed dressing and I sure didn't see (or taste) any feta. The vinaigrette was very, very tangy - thank heavens for the sweetness of the watermelon to counterbalance it. My friend and I both had the "breakfast in a jar" as our entrée (even though it's an appetizer, with a salad, it's enough). It's a cute idea, and well-executed. I also had a crème brulee for desert, and it was very pleasant. The wines on the wine list are obscure, and drinkable but not memorable. Hopefully with time it will settle in to being of a more consistent quality.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped in for lunch with high expectations on a weekday. Plenty of tables were available inside and on the patio. The menu is not very extensive. The food we ordered was merely OK to bad. Service was slow and mediocre.. The shrimp salad special and salmon grilled cheese sandwich were nothing to rave about. The crab cake sandwich was dry and the bun was burned black on the inside, which we noticed when we opened it up to see what didn't taste right. When the waiter was made aware of that, he unenthusiastically offered to replace the bun. No apology offered. It was once and done. Not one of us will be returning. Hopefully it was just a bad day and all will improve.

1  Thank arc319
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were excited to try Bistro 22, but, was somewhat disappointed with food selections and prices.
Was hoping to have a place to go with similar menu of DiCarlo's in Smithfield RI, for an occasional night out. Maybe rabe and sausage dish etc.... We will try again and hope for the best.

2  Thank LeeLadyLake
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Lovely restaurant and welcome addition to Garden City! Have been there several times and each visit was wonderful! Food is freshly prepared, light but flavorful, great presentation too! Excellent service! Love the decor, it's very eclectic! If you are in the are you just visit!

1  Thank cairns700
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped in at Bistro 22 while doing some shopping at Garden City. The restaurant is not large and many people were calling for reservations. We were there at 3 pm, there were only two other couples eating. We sat at the bar because we just wanted an appetizer and drinks. We ordered a cheese plate and two glasses of wine. It took 20 minutes for our cheese plate which was very small for the price. From where we were sitting I could see into the kitchen, it seemed the 5 people in there were just milling around doing, I don't know what. I've had this happen before at other restaurants, seems as though when the crowd slows so does the service.

2  Thank rwhatzo

Been to Bistro 22? Share your experiences!