“Nice night away with the hubby!!!”
Review of Edgewood Manor

Edgewood Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Cranston B&B and Inns
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Nice night away with the hubby!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Let me start off my saying... I just needed a night out with my hubby and no kids.... nothing to far from home but a place that could make me feel like I was on vacation and being pampered. The moment I spoke to Andrew on the phone about booking the room he told me to book the Samuel Priest room... and he was right the room was beautiful and the hot tub made it even better. We arrived around 5 pm on a Friday night.. greeted by the Innkeeper, taken to our room and told about a couple great places to check out for dinner and romance!!! We took his advice, had a wonderful meal, checked out some botanical gardens and then returned to our room to enjoy the hot tub!!! The next morning we were greeted again by Kenny the Innkeeper and Pam who served us our breakfast!! It was superb!! I felt so special and me and my husband thoroughly enjoyed our retreat away!! We will definitely be back when we need to do it again.... which Im sure will be soon!!!! :)

Room Tip: Samuel Priest is absolutely amazing!!! also the others did not look to shabby eaither!!! ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

On a college tour of Massachusetts with my daughter our final stop was in Providence. We decided to splurge on what looked like an impressive and historic b&b. What a dissappointment. We could not find anyone to let us in upon arrival and wandered and rang and called for quite a while before receiving attention. When we were finally greeted,the gentleman fumbled and bumbled for 15 min. trying to find the key. We were the only people staying in the inn that night and of course had a quiet evening. We were told breakfast would be served from 8-9 a.m. When we came down the steps at 8:15, there was no one around. We waited 15 min. When someone fInally showed up, he looked shocked to see us and presented us with orange juice that tasted expired and apple juice. He made some calls and a lady showed up with a plate of what she called "day old muffins". They disintegrated when you touched them. Obviously much older than a day! She then prepared us an adequate breakfast of eggs and sausage with English muffin. I would never stay here again or suggest it to anyone else. Just because we were the only patrons, we were made to feel that we were a burden. Never again. Of the four b&b's that we stayed at during the week, the Edgewood Manor was by far the most expensive and the least impressive.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
15 Thank Theresa S
Edgewood Manor I, Manager at Edgewood Manor, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
I must apologize for the inconvience that the innkeeper fumbled and mumbled to get the keys but we were looking for a set of keys and had to make up another set because the previous guest had taken them but we gave this guest a free upgrade to the Edgewood Manor into the palladian room, they were booked in to the norwood room for 139 but this is our slow season and upgraded them to the palladian room . The rate normally for that room is 159 to 199 also their was some confusion on our part as to what time the guest wanted breakfast therefore that is our fault and i do apologize but they also fail to tell you that we allowed them to switch their reservation to a different night other than the night they came in. I feel our inn is underpriced and a value as to what you receive.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I went on a nice little getaway in Rhode Island and Edgewood Manor absolutely made the trip worth while. We were greeted by the gentlemen of gentlemens and walked in to what I can only describe as beautiful. The interior, the ambiance, the decor were absolutely gorgeous and for a night we felt like royalty. We went out to dinner and couldn't wait to get back to our room and just enjoy it. It was quite difficult to not stare and look around at the beautiful pictures and statues all around. Our server at breakfast provided us with nice conversion, laughs and superb french toast and fruit. This is a place we will absolutely come back to, but next time will bring more friends with us. A true gem that will always be out getaway.
Rachele

Room Tip: The Scarlet Room was AMAZING!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachele_P41952
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The Edgewood Manor is the Great Escape you are looking for. It is beautifully renovated and has magestic bones. Every ceiling downstairs is different. 3 fireplaces and beautiful furnishings offer great ambiance.. Breakfast was great and is either served on an enclosed porch full of light or an intimate yet presigeous dining froom. Best of all the people there couldn't be nicer. Had a little time to kill and they brought me homade ccokies and milk while I was writing this. Want to get away. You found it here.
Chris makes a mean breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank barrierboy1
Cumberland
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I had such a enjoyable experience. Visited Rhode Island on business and found this amazing gem outside of Providence, yet close enough to get my work done and enjoy a lot of the inn had to offer. I was greeted by a great staff that was friendly and attentive. The furnishings and interior were amazing and the room spectacular. Breakfast, prepared by the owners mother, was one of the best home cooked meals I've experienced, french toast was delicious! I highly suggest you pay a visit to this wonderful B&B for your next trip to Rhode Island!

Room Tip: The Palladian suite is exceptional!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Russ S
kennebunkport me
Reviewed 17 February 2013

3 miles on rt1A from downtown this historical manor house offers huge rooms ,comfortable king size bed and the most amazing decor of museum quality carved wood casements ,old glass windows, 200 year old tile floors. As a Brit growing up in a country with manor houses this replicates the manor houses occupied by aristocracy 200 years ago(and still occupied by them today in britain).If you want Biltmore d'ont stay here,If you want a (comfortable) step back in time,and a great breakfast and evening complimentary cheese and crackers ,stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank barryKennebunkportMe
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I travel all over the United States and always stay at B & B's. This is one of my all time favorites. The rooms (yes I stayed in more than one!) are fabulous, clean and extremely comfortable. The ambiance of the room restoration and antiques, is only topped by the kindness of the innkeepers and the owner. While staying there don't overlook the quaintness of Cranston's little harbor and shops and of course Roger Williams Park. If I ever travel back to this neck of New England, I will be staying at the Edgewood!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ivy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranston
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Downtown Providence
Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Edgewood Manor? Share your experiences!