“Aye carumba!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aye carumba!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Great Food and Atmosphere! Good Music on Wed & Thurs, too...Nice size portions and delicious Margaritas! Fun time!

Not Expensive either!

Visited February 2013

Johnston, RI
“Horrible food, awful service. STAY AWAY.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

How do they even stay in business? My husband and I went on a Saturday afternnoon; there were only 2 other tables with people sitting at them. It took the waitress 20 minutes to take our order (2 margeritas) and then a full 1/2 hour for us to get them. She told us "The bartender didn't know where the lime juice was." In a Mexican restaurant, on a Saturday night, the bartender didn't know where the lime juice was? Are you kidding me?

But the worst was yet to come. I had the enchildas, my husband ordered a burrito. The food was awful...the chicken tasted bad, the beef was bone dry, and the refried beans looked like a pool of gray vomit.

Never again. NEVER.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Michelle03051978
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fun atmosphere and good tex mex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Let's face it trying to find good tex mex in RI is not easy! The food here is very good and the staff is very attentive. I have been here on girls night out and if you are looking for a fun atmosphere, good drinks and tasty food then this is your pick. I do see quite a few families too.

The enchiladas suiza, combos and carne asada are a few favorites. I love supporting small business owners and they take really good care of you.

• Visited September 2012
New England
“New location in Wickford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

El Tapatia's has opened a second location on Post Rd in Wickford, near Wickford Appliance. This new location is smaller, with a tight parking area. We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday and again, enjoyed our meals very much. Dishes chosen were the chicken mole (REALLY good) and my husband's usual - chile relleno and tamale. Our server was very patient as I chose something I hadn't tried before. I went with his suggestion of the mole and was delighted with the dish. A rich, somewhat spicy sauce with lots of chicken breast. Rice was good this time (usually don't eat it). Their margaritas are very good also. My husband grew up in Southern California and he describes their food as very similar to what he had there (big compliment!). The new location doesn't have the fun atmosphere of the original in Cranston, but we liked the quieter meal this time. Only real quibble is that I wished they had had a lunch menu and/or some specials.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gala62
“Out of business -- replaced by El Tapatio.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

Out of business -- replaced by El Tapatio.

1 Thank queenllama