“I'm not a fan of the hotdogs, I don't like beef hotdogs but the burgers and fries are yummy.”

No photo provided
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Branford, Connecticut
“Fall in love with a hot dog...”
Reviewed 23 February 2009

When it comes to variety Spikes has to be the best hot dog place in the world. You can have your dog in dozens of different ways. The buns are fresh baked and closer to sub rolls than buns. The hot dogs are big, plump beef dogs. Again the toppings are varied. My favorite is the dog with Russian dressing, grilled onions and melted swiss cheese. Sounds odd but it is the best. Fries and onion rings are very good too. Soda is offered. The atmosphere is a little contrived but fun. Prices are a wee bit high for dogs but again you get a lot of dog. I understand the Spikes on college hill near Brown recently closed as did the one in the lower part of the state near Connecticut. Hopefully that is not indicative of problems with the chain. I could not go without my Spikes. A visit to the Providence area means Spikes to me.

1 Thank Veritas01
charlotte
“Best hot dog in the state!”
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Best hot dog in the state!